Friday, November 18, 2011

It is bad luck to fall out of a thirteenth story window on Friday. ~ American Proverb

So to review.  I'm going to follow a very wise blogger for today's blog...a list.  She won't mind that I'm borrowing her idea. I mean my list will be drastically different from her list. 

1. Its Friday. I've decided to take this weekend off from almost everything.  I need to regroup and start to think about this year's goals and what I want for next years. I know some people think that's odd that a person actually has to plan it, but for me, it works the best. I am, after all, a project manager at heart and so a plan, a schedule, and a revised plan is how my brain works.  It'll be interesting to review the 2011 goals and see if I even completed any of them. Especially considering at this very moment I can't even remember my 2011 goals. Maybe one of my 2012 goals is to work on my memory.

2. Turkey day is around the corner. This weekend sometime I need to do my grocery shopping. I LOVE, love LOVE to cook Thanksgiving dinner.  Its easy and its stocked full of traditions for me. The MomUnit and I will likely be on the phone all day checking in on each other to make sure we're on time. I'm going to try to take some good photos this year of the "process" and of course of the guests.  The Pantry Goat, Mom Pantry Goat, friend of the Pantry Goad, BigBro and Seattle SIL are all coming to dinner. Oh and maybe Millie the dog. 

3. Did my good Aunt thing this week. Hookcd my niece up with Meg-A-Roonie who's an HR rep to discuss interviewing, resumes, job hunting stuff.  It sounded like it went well as the niece seemed a bit more focused after chatting with Meg-A-Roonie.  Good deed for the week...check.

4. Renouncing diet coke. So I've drawn WAY back on the intake of diet coke or anything diet soda-esque.  The aspartame apparently was causing my feet to ache more than they usually do.  I've gone almost 6 weeks without my daily diet coke intake - usually 2 cans.  My feet feel good. They still have some ache to them, but not nearly as much as they did. AND my legs at night aren't nearly as restless as they used to be.  Much to Pookie's happiness.  

5. Dog sitting...I'm so excited...River the Newfy is coming for a sleep over Thanksgiving weekend.  She's the sweetest dog and I can't wait to spoil her rotten for a day and a night.  I can guarantee photos will be forth coming.

I think that's about all I've got right now.  Have a good weekend everyone! 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, I had this weird soreness in my muscles at night that also went away when I stopped drinking diet Coke, and comes right back when I start again. So odd. But yay for you! And I love that you're taking the weekend off.