Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Puppy Love

Most anyone who knows me that I'm a big fan of dogs.  I'm a big fan of big dogs mostly, but there are a few little dogs that have managed to wiggle their way into my heart. 

A million years ago I worked in a coffee truck at a local dog park. Axl Snacks it was called.  The truck sold not only coffee to the dog's people, but organic dog treats for the puppies.  The job was from dusk until dawn on the weekends.  Which, in the summer in Seattle, means 14+ hour days.  It was hard, but fun work.  I loved seeing all the dogs and got to a point where I knew the names of most the regular dogs -but couldn't tell you the names of their owners. 

The gig paid well and I got to spend many hours outside loving and spoiling other peoples dogs.

This past weekend I took photos of dogs.

Let me back up. The Pantry Goat approached me a couple of months ago about a potential co branding of a fund raiser idea.  A local retirement community in which the Pantry Goat's mother lives was wanting to raise $$ for a dog park for their community.  PG and her mom thought taking photos of people with their dogs and Santa would be a great fund raiser idea.  PG approached me to see if I'd be the photographer.  Gladly! She also offered that we'd split the $$ between the dog park and Susan G. Komen fund raising. Another stellar idea.  So I said yes.

I gathered Team Wraspir (BigBro, SSIL, and Blueberry) and we all spent a good portion of Saturday taking photos of residents and their dogs.  We didn't make millions, but we did make enough to make us want to do it again perhaps in the spring or at other events at the retirement community.

Here are some of my favorite dogs.


Meet Baily.  He was the sweetest little Shelty I've ever met.  He was wide and reminded me of the footstool in Beauty and the Beast.  I wanted to take Baily home.


Meet Pepper.  Sweet, timid Pepper. But oh so friendly. She didn't mind at all wearing the antlers.


Meet Cooper. Oh such beautiful eyes Cooper has.  Like Pepper, Cooper sat patiently and let us put antlers on him. 


Meet Rusty.  Another sweet, sweet dog who didn't mind at all wearing Santa's hat.

I discovered this past weekend that I really like taking photos of dogs.  Having Blueberry and BigBro as assistants was critical too. BigBro was the Dog Whisperer.  He was able to get their attention with the myriad of noises he can make with his mouth. Most useful noise, his duck call. Who knew.  Meanwhile Blueberry had an eye for composition. She was good at placing people and their dogs together.  She saw things I was missing and visa versa. It really helped having 3 of us working the pooches.  I won't even tell you how many out of focus, pooches walking half way off the set, type photos I have. Let's just say I'm thankful for digital.

Following a very exciting Saturday, I put together my new scrapbook room.  Well, the room isn't new. And scrapbooking certainly isn't new, but the desk and its components around it are new. 

I've been wanting a larger desk to allow me to "spread out" while I work. So I stumbled onto a nice corner desk at Office Depot. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend so I passed on it.  Then last week I went into Office Depot for something else and noticed the desk was 40% off. SOLD!  And I talked the clerk into giving me free delivery.  Win! 

The desk was delivered last Friday and I spent Sunday assembling it. Blueberry came over to scrapbook and "help" and thank god she was there. I was having issues, let's just say.  Though I only unscrewed and redid about 4 things. Not bad considering the IKEA-esque directions they provided.  I really should scan them and show them to you because - while I consider myself a smart person - I NEVER would have figured out what Blueberry figured out.


The room looks great. I have some ideas for the wall behind all the scrapbook stuff. Seeing it all together like that makes me cringe a little - that's a lot of stuff.  I really wish I would have taken a photo of the before and the den with all the stuff sitting, waiting, to be put away. Holy Scrapbook Convention Batman. I could totally run my own convention.

0 comments: