Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy S.A.D Day...

Actually the world "day" after S.A.D. is redundant. 

Happy Single Awareness Day!  All you married and dating types, Happy Valentine's Day. May your heart be filled with chocolate cream.

I'm not going to rail against VD this year. I'm done with that. I have more important things to discuss.  And taking a page out of my favorite blogger's book, I'm doing a list. She does it...so can I.

1. First thing Saturday - I weighed in. 2 more lbs gone!  If you're keeping count at home that's 7 total. 

2. Following the weigh in, I hopped in Sparky and headed north to chat with a few gals about the 3 day. A good friend of mine had asked if I'd come up and give them the scoop on the 3day and help get them going.  I love talking about the 3day so I was game.  I pull up and as I'm walking up to the house, three gals come out of the door. The first gal I looked at quizzically. She looked at me and said, "I know you!"  And I was all, "I know you too."  Turns out she and I worked at a scrapbooking store back in 2003 and 2004.  She was just getting ready to go off to college and I always wondered what happened to her. She was a good kid, responsible and easy to work with.  And it looks like she's done pretty good for herself. So YAY for small worlds.

2. Later Saturday I met Blueberry at Mediterranean Kitchen.  You can probably still smell the garlic coming out of my pores. Their hummus is some of the best I've ever had, and it will keep any and all vampires away. Wow. Blueberry and I chit chatted there for a bit then walked over to Starbucks for some more girl talk. We were interrupted by this random guy eavesdropping on us, but he seemed harmless and amusing, so we "let" him talk to us.

3. Sunday was Sunday Dinner.  We missed January thanks to Snowpocalypse. So we had some making up to do. The usual suspects came. There was laughter, there was food, there was some inappropriate conversations for a dinner party...but what do you expect from this crowd?

I love this photo because it looks like I am wearing a head dress.
Left to Right: BigBro, PhotoGirl, The Yank, Blueberry, Puck, The Pantry Goat, Seattle SIL, Queen PopUp, Mr. Queen PopUp, yours truly. 

This is how everyone appears BEFORE dinner.


Then we eat dinner. I tried to say healthy this time so I made BBQ chicken skewers, rice pilaf and grilled veggies. Way better for you than the Cajus Stroganoff I had planned.


You can tell everyone hated it.  Almost no left overs for the Pantry Goat.  There's only been a couple of dinner where I've had no leftovers.  I started planning like a Wraspir for quantities then I subtract 10%. It seems to be working. Well, except for the over abundance of rice I had. Last minute decision and I made WAY too much pilaf.


Weird, but this is always what happens after people eat my food.  Its like the food is so good they get a bad case of the crazies!

4. The Grammy's were this weekend. I'm not one to watch award shows. They bore me usually.  I wanted to see this time what, if anything, they did for Whitney Houston since she had passed away on Saturday.  Turns out the show was pretty entertaining.  The Foo Fighters...OMG... I heart them.  Dave Grohl can sing to me anytime he wants. Maybe he wants to be my valentine...Ever since I saw a rockumentary on them a year or so ago, I was in love with the band.  And let's not forget Adele. I have two words for her: Power. House. My god that woman can sing.  What I really like about Adele is she's not your wafe of a person. She's real. She's not model thin and she's beautiful. I like that she owns who she is and is appreciative, or seems to be, of everything that has happened to her over the past year. Way to go Adele.  Adele for President.

5. I have no more to say.

1 comments:

Lesley said...

Well done. Lists = awesomesauce.

Happy Singles Awareness Day!