Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Quick Update

Nothing overly exciting happening right now, just felt like I needed to write something. Anything.

Anything...

Ok. Done.

No seriously. I do have some things I'd like to get off my chest.  So in no particular order:

1.  Gas prices. Ugh. I just read an article that in Florida at some stations gas prices are nearing the $6/gal mark. Um high! Why the hell are gas prices so high again?  Triple A speculates the prices this summer will be in the $4-$5/gal range.  Which means Sparky and I will not be going on any of the planned road trips?

2.  I find myself more and more confused why gay marriage bothers so many people.  I understand it's a religious thing for most. But what I don't understand is if Christians (and I'm picking on them because those have been the biggest commenters to me lately) are such a loving and accepting religion, why do they feel they must judge gay people? And if they use the argument of "the bible says" one more time, I'm going to point out that if we listen to what the "bible literally says" then we can now make incest legal. Think about it! Adam + Eve = Cain, Able, and a bunch of other kids.  How did the race continue if siblings didn't sleep with each other?

3. Diet Coke and I are having a battle.  I stopped drinking diet coke sometime in October.  I've had it every now and then, but by and large I've stopped drinking it. Which is too bad cuz I really like diet coke.  Unfortunately the aspartame in it doesn't like me.  I had a diet coke on Monday and man oh man did it do a wicked trip on me.  Ick.  Today I'm all dehydrated and still feeling - meh.  And I know it's the aspartame because I've had other diet drinks that contain aspartame and they effect me the same way.

4.  Puck is lonely at the bottom of my purse. He may need a Puck-mate.

5. I cannot wait for the next presidential election to be over. I know it's just a battle of Republicans currently, but I am so sick and tired of all the commercials, all the back and forth mudslinging, all the speculation, etc.  I'm almost at the point where I really don't care who wins, I just want the elections to be over. And is it me, or does the mudslinging these days seem especially bad?

6.  I need coffee.

7.  I leave for Tucson on Friday.  Normally it takes 2 hours and 16 minutes to get to Tucson via a jetliner.  This time it's going to take 6 hours and 12 minutes.  I get to go to Oakland - sit on the plane and wait. Then to LA to change planes, then into Tucson.  On the way home I get to go to LA - sit on the plan, then to Oakland and change planes, then home.  Ugh.  I know, cheap flight = multiple layovers/stops.  We won't be going cheap again - anytime soon.

8.  I did not edit this blog. So any typos, misspelled words, or grammatical issues you find...deal with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn, it's over $10 per gallon in the UK. It's so expensive, they price it in litres so people don't die of shock on the forecourt. Andy Warren. UK.

Unknown said...

Yeah, sometimes the super-cheap flights are SO not worth it.

And yeah, I noticed the gas prices this week when I filled up my little car for $50 (!). Yuck.

Have a great trip!