Monday, February 20, 2012

The Return of Jenicide

Roller derby weekend! Woot! But I'll get to that.

What a weekend! Full of adventures, and friends, and bad food.Well, good food, but bad for me.

Friday night the bosses came over so we could make vision boards.  I haven't made a vision board in - forever - it seems. I think the last time I made one it was for wedding stuff and it was like right after college.  I think I may have started a travel one some time in the early 2000's but I don't remember finishing it.

In case you don't know what a vision board is, it's basically a bunch of saying, expressions, inspirations for a topic that you put together on a piece of paper. Most people cut out said sayings from magazines and what not. These "saying" are supposed to help focus yourself to reaching whatever goal it is you're trying to envision. 

Mine, no big surprise, was about health and encouragement towards a healthy lifestyle.


I think it turned out pretty good. And, it turns out, scrapbooking supplies come in handy with vision boards too.  The bosses vision boards were stunning. Both focusing on a few different areas of their lives.  At the end of the night we had our visions. 

Then one of the bosses and I went to the gym. See! Living out my vision board almost immediately.

Saturday AM was the weigh in at Jenny.  I was stunned to see only another pound gone. In fact, I was kinda bummed.  I felt like I had done pretty well last week and to only see a pound down was a bit disheartening.  After I left Jenny I had to have a talk with myself and remind myself that it didn't take a week to get me to this weight, so it sure as heck-fire won't take a week to get rid of it.  Still I was frustrated, but I got over it. I think.

Saturday night we headed to the Rat City Roller derby. OMG.  The roller derby is a blast and a half.  I've been before and I thought I might have missed my calling in life. This time I realized, while I may have missed my calling, I realized I got bruised just watching these ladies.  Sheesh.  They are vicious out there...in a good way.  The rules don't allow some of the more aggressive moves, but still these girls were falling all the time. I'd fall once and call it a day. 


The two bouts we watched were DLF versus Socket Wenches.  DLF being the winner there. Then we watched Grave Danger (current champions) versus Throttle Rockets.  The second bout was way more entertaining. It was as if those two teams had more experienced skaters or something.  The score was closer and the audience was WAY more into it.

I loved this shirt.  And boy, after watching bout 2, I could see how this could, in fact, be the case.  While they don't allow elbowing and what not, the method of using their hips and shoulders to knock out opponents still seemed to work.

The roller derby girls all had different interpretations of their uniforms.  They stayed within the color scheme of their team but clearly added their own little flair. 

If you've not been to roller derby, you should give it a try. It's good, clean, elbow tossing, fun.

This week is a short week for me. I'm heading to Tucson on Friday to visit the 'rents.  I'm hoping they'll be sun there and warmer temperatures than last time I was there.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm totally making a vision board. i may bug you for tips. thanks for the idea :)