Thursday, July 12, 2012

Missing the DadUnit

My trip to Tucson was relatively uneventful.  It was difficult to be in the MomUnit's and the DadUnit's house without the DadUnit there. Something was definitely missing. 

Still we managed.

We ate out a couple of times.  I made some pretty bad choices where it came to food, but I was okay with that.  I didn't want to think about it, and everything else going on.  Nor did we really feel like cooking much.

So we at out.

It rained.
We ate out some more. 
It rained some more.

We made Mango Margaritas from Pioneer Woman.

They were so good. Even Puck enjoyed them. I didn't do tequila in my "margarita", I replaced that with rum. WAY better.

 And we made ribs.  In a salute to the DadUnit I even burnt them a little.


The photo is blurry because we made mango margaritas.  Did I tell you I put rum in mine? Yah, rum and a steady hand...not a combination that works.

So we ate, we cried, we ate some more, it rained, we ate, and we cried some more.

The DadUnit's Celebration of Life will be held on August 18th here in Seattle.  Details will be coming soon.

0 comments: