Friday, July 20, 2012

P-Dot Does the Woodinville Wine Walk

Its time.

It's time to introduce P-Dot officially as the new spokes duck for me. She will be taking over the role Puck place as Menu Model as well as the ambassador of photos. 

She was finally ready to make an outting. She has finally grasped the concept of sitting still for photos and looking as cute as possible.  She's a fast learner like Puck was.


To test if she was truly ready we put the top down in Sparky and hit the open road, well as "open" as the road gets to Woodinville.  She sat nicely and seemed to not get car sick and enjoyed the ride. Puck would be proud.

Side note - the side story of how P-Dot got to me is coming soon.  There are some stories I need to confirm and validate before I can officially print them. 


The Woodinville Wine Walk is an awesome opportunity to taste a lot of different wines from several new, and existing wineries.  Woodinville is quickly becoming the Napa Valley of Seattle it seems.  The wineries all have parked themselves into a industrial area, and open their doors for tastings on the third Thursday of every month. $20 gets you 15 tasting tickets, which is quite a deal considering most tastings are $5-$10 bucks depending on the winery.

I managed to only purchase 2 bottles last night from Haystack Needle. You may recall during the last wine walk in June I purchased 2 bottles of Sangiovese from them. This time I purchased a blend of Barberra and Sangiovese. OMG it was so good.

Anyhow, back to P-Dot.


At the vodka distillery that burned my taste buds off last time with their unfiltered vodka, P-Dot found a kindred spirit.  This little orange Devil Duck was "guarding" the distillery.  I don't know about you, but I wouldn't pass the threshold with that duck guarding.


The distillery also has a fiberglass Pig that was part of the "Pigs on Parade" a hundred years ago (or so it seems) in Seattle.  P-Dot made friends there too. She's really getting the hang of this.


No these are not corks from all the wine I drank last night. Though they are the corks from what's turning out to be my favorite winery, Haystack Needle (which oddly I can't find a website for. Who doesn't have a website in this day and age?)


Finally, P-Dot found this sign and thought it somewhat appropriate considering what us girls were doing last night.  She's a joker that P-Dot.

My compadres on the wine walk was Queen PopUp, Seattle SIL, and new comer R (nickname TBD). We had some fantastic sliders from Chef Lynn's truck (I think that's the name of it), then we had killer ice cream sandwiches from ... um... that truck.  I have no idea the name of it, but I hope it's there next month.

If you're a wino, and enjoy trying multiple types of wine, check out the Woodinville Wine Walk.  They usually have specials online prior to the walk to get extra tasting tickets - which you won't use unless you have a designated driver.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

If I didn't have the 5yo (or a babysitter handy), I would have totally crashed the party and joined in. So jealous!