Friday, January 11, 2013

Resolution Run



Happy Friday everyone!  This week went by in a blink of an eye and boy am I glad. Work was crazy this week...crazy in a good way.  I got a lot accomplished and discovered I am a data geek underneath all this project managers clothing. Who knew?

You may recall that one of my goals this year is to become a jogger/runner. And part of that goal was to run a 5K every month with the plan to actual RUN the entire 5K for the Race for the Cure.  The Couch to 5K program has been stalled, then progressed, then stalled, then progressed, then stalled and we're about to progress again. Well, last Sunday was my first 5K. I was ready. I was pumped. And then I got sick.

 

The Redmond Resolution run was a small, easy little 5K jog.  Well for some. TOJ (the other Jenn) and I still did it. Though admittedly I didn't jog as much as I had hoped. I couldn't breath very easily and didn't really want to push it. But we did it and we finished.  We did the first half by using the Couch to 5K program, then planned on jogging two minutes on, two minutes off.  Suffice it to say we barely made the program, let alone jogging the additional. My deal, however, was I would jog to and over the finish line. And we did.



The route took us South onto the Sammamish trail and back to the Redmond Athletic Club where they had an exercise challenge - we chose to skip that. Then the route took us North onto the Samamish trail again. This time part of the route was what they called the Concrete Coffin. Basically a four story parking garage where you run up the stairs to the 4th floor, ac
ross the top floor, down the stairs, up the ramps to the 4th floor then down the ramps and out. TOJ did it, I chose to not given my lack of breathing capacity.


We finished with style though and the weather held out for us. It only started to sprinkly slightly when we crossed the finish line. 


When I got up in the morning I was hoping TOJ would have a headache or a reason to not do it. I just wasn't looking forward to it. But in the end I'm so glad I did it.  I felt ok after - I'm sure the Starbucks helped.


0 comments: