Tuesday, January 15, 2013

There's a Party on the roof...roof top of the wold...

Happy Tuesday. If you have no reason to be happy today, just think, you're alive.  That is reason enough. That and you're reading this blog.

First things first, Sunday dinner came and went.  The usual suspects were there this month and for some unexplained reason everyone was super chatty. It might have been the wine (we polished off 4 bottles somehow) or it just might be that this crowd is starting to feel too comfortable with each other. Either way, it was a great Sunday dinner. Not that all of them aren't great, but this one felt...well more special.

Dinner was Roasted Lemon & White Bean Hummus (OMG Sooo Good), Bloody Mary Flank Steak (delicious!), twice baked potatoes (molten hot), Balsamic Green Beans (I need to make these daily).  I managed to not have too many left overs - much to the Pantry Goat's dismay.


Usual Suspects - Left to Right: BigBro, Queen PopUp, Seattle SIL, Mr&Mrs. Atlanta, Mr. QueenPopUp, Pantry Goat, The Landlords, the Yank, PhotoGirl and moi.
In other non-food related news, I've got big news.  For some of you, you'll probably roll your eyes and think it's no big deal, but for me, its a big deal.

I ran for 5 minutes straight yesterday! Twice!

I know. I know. Some of my marathon friends are like, "So what?" but for a girl who's not a runner, and who struggled with running for a minute even, this is big. 

TOJ (The other Jenn) and I finally decided to move forward in the Couch to 5K. We're now on week 4. I won't even discuss how long it took us to get here, the important part is we're here.  The jump from week 3 to week 4 is significant in the amount of jogging time.  The max jogged in one straight time was 3 minutes, then we jumped to 5. I was completely convinced I couldn't do it. But TOJ kept telling me (aka distracting me) stories and before I knew it Ursula (that's what I call the voice on the app) said it was time to walk. 

To say I was stunned would be putting it mildly. My legs burned, and my breathing was normal. All in all, it was a good jog.  Cold. But a good jog.

I'm starting to think I might actually be a jogger yet. I've had my doubts.

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

You are a runner!! I'm so excited for you. I remember when I ran for 5 minutes - it's big! If I were you, I'd celebrate with a run :)