Monday, January 28, 2013

There's a new blog entry coming...

and here it is.

I know I've been less than chatty on this blog and I'm really trying to be better at it. Each time I sit down to start a new blog it sounds boring, and or doesn't make sense.  So I delete it and deem it necessary to wait a day to write it.

Next thing I know, it's been a week.

So what's happened since last we spoke. Holy crap it's been two weeks. 

1. The Getting Started Meetings for the 3 day has started. These are one of my favorite parts of the 3day events. They're basically meetings for folks who are thinking about signing up to come to and learn about the 3Day. As volunteers we stand around and answer questions or provide comic relief, depends on the meeting. Then we watch a video and we cry. Every. Single. Time.

2. This month started the first of a dinner club I started. The Landlords, Blueberry and I many, MANY moons ago used to go and try new restaurants all the time. Then we stopped when I got poorer.  Then we kept saying we were going to do it. Then we never did. So sometime last December I suggested we pick a day every month and we go out and try new restaurants. Being the good PM I am I created a schedule of who picks in what month.  Mr. Landlord picked a Japanese Tappen Yaki place in Bellevue called - cleverly - The Japanese Steak House. It was a good, and I ate a lot.


3. Also that week was our first book club meeting. As with everything it seems, we chat about doing it and then nothing happens.  Again with the PM hat, I put together a schedule and the first book was chosen.  The schedule also included that whomever picked the book that month hosts the book club. 

January we red Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand (same writer who did Seabiscuit). The book is a WWII story about one guy and his survival.  He's lost at sea after his plane goes down and is a POW. It's a fantastic read and I highly recommend it.

Book club ended up being at my house even though Seattle SIL picked the book - she had other more complicated things to deal with so I offered. We ate tacos and sat around talking about everything under the sun, oh and we talked about the book too.

4. I got a cold. Then nothing happened for 5 days. I'm still recovering from said cold, but I feel way better.

5. Seattle SIL had her first fund raiser for the 3day this past weekend and hosted an All day scrap.  I have been "staging" my scrapbook pages for several weeks now and it felt good to actually do some scrapping.  Blueberry made fun of my overly organized staging process - but hey, I got about 16 pages done to her 8. So there.

I could provide you a process doc of what I go through to be prepared to scrap, but I'll spare you. I'm nice that way.

6. I received some bad news yesterday that I'm still trying to process. I'll eventually blog about it, but just am not sure what to say about it just yet. Let me just say this. You here the phrase all too often, "Live each day as if it's your last" - do it. And if there's some friend or family member you've been meaning to reach out to and see - do it. Just do it.




0 comments: