Monday, February 04, 2013

And Now Back to our regularly scheduled show...

It's been a weird couple of days for me. With current situation of a good friend heading into hospice and bracing for the phone call, my life has taken another unexpected turn to re-evaluate who I am, what I'm doing, and why.

Its sad to me that it takes a major trauma for me to re-evaluate. But I don't think I'm alone in that. I think it might just be the way life is, and that I should just go with it. Its not like you can schedule soul searching into your daily life. Or could you?

I don't have a lot to really talk about today, but felt like I needed to express something. So I'm stealing an idea from Beagle Babe and going to write about what is currently going on.

The idea here is you take a moment each week and write about a few things that are currently happening. You'll get the picture...just keep reading.


WATCHING:
The super bowl...okay so I ignored the first hour of the super bowl, then decided to turn it on to watch the commercials.  Really uneventful commercials for the most part.  A couple caught my eye and got me all teary eyed - Clydesdale commercial and Jeeps commercial about working with the NSO and bring our military folks home.

READING:
Just finished We Need to Talk About Kevin. Brutal book. Great book. Tough read, but it was a good read.  It's about a mom who's son commits a high school mass murder.  Rather odd timing to start reading it considering the Sandy Hook situation.  Finished that and hopped right into Beautiful Creatures.  I've read some mixed reviews on this supernatural book and so felt I had to give it a go myself. So far, I'm hooked.

LISTENING:
A little bit of this and a little bit of that with regards to music. With recent events dumping me on memory lane, 80's music seems to be the main theme this week. 

MAKING:
I'm finishing up my 2012 scrapbook and specifically the Vancouver portion of 2012.  Then I decided I needed to take photos of every scrapbook page and organize them so I have them should anything happen to my scrapbooks. That is a project in and of itself.

FEELING:
A bit nostalgic.

PLANNING:
Oddly my planning this week is around food. I've got to get back on the wagon of losing weight. I've maintained, and I'm fine with that, but I still need a couple more pounds (read about 50) to get off me. 

LOVING:
Project 365.  I decided to do it again this year and haven't quite found my rhythm yet.  I will say though I love that every day I think about what photo I want to take. 99% of my photos so far have been with the iPhone.  Soon, very soon, I'll get the big camera out.

0 comments: