Tuesday, February 26, 2013

EEE Voila!

For some inexplicable reason I have that phrase stuck in my noggin and every time I do something, or someone does something I say, "EEE voila!" As in, "ta-da" as in "finite" as in I need to stop.

Since I last posted it doesn't seem like a lot has happened, and yet 7 days have gone by.

Here's a couple of updates for you.

Update 1: Weight loss
I'm sure you've noticed that I've not been chatting about this much. Its because there isn't much to chat about. I stopped being motivated back in July after the DadUnit passed.  Thankfully I've kept the 30lbs off since then, but haven't really made any effort to lose more. 

That all changed this weekend. Somehow I found some motivation tucked away in a closet and I'm trying to use it before it expires.  Back on the wagon.

Update 2: The death of a camera
When Blueberry and I went out to see the eagles on the Skagit River it was pouring rain. My camera got a little wet. And it died. I tried the rice thing for several days. Nothing. So I started the search for a used/refurbished camera body. Finally I found one that was just a body and the newer version of my dead camera.  This lesson cost me some $$ I wasn't planning on spending. Ironically last year BigBro sent me a link to buy body armor for my camera. I was aghast that it cost $50 for a camera condom. So I said no thank you. Turns out that $50 would have saved my hide. I have a camera condom now.

Update 3: Cirque du Soleil - Amaluna
I've now seen 8 Cirque du Soleil shows. All of them have wow'd me and left me saying,"Do these people have any bones?"  This one, however, not so great. I kinda felt cheated in a way. While the arcobats and stunts were amazing in and of themselves, they weren't OMG.  And this one seemed to have a lot of time killers. I don't know. For me I felt like the tickets were way too expensive and the show as just OK.  If you've never seen a Cirque show you'll likely like it. It is still amazing, and the costumes...wow...but if you've seen any other Cirque shows you might not be as wow'd.

Update4: JC
I didn't post it when it happened because it was still very raw for me. My dear friend JC died on Feb 10th of cancer. I'm still fighting with the "WTF?" emotions that go along with losing someone so young. It seems so unfair to his wife and boys that they now have to go on without him. He was well loved and will be truly missed.  A couple of schoolmates actually made it to the funeral for him. The community all came out to support JC and his family. The roads were lined with service personal (military, police, fire, etc) all there to pay their respects to a man who died way too soon.

Update5: Couch to 5K
If you can believe it, because I sure cant', I'm running for 8 minutes straight. I know for many of you "runner" types that's no big deal. To me, it's a huge deal.  My pace is still slow, but I'm still putting one foot in front of the other. I managed to not find a 5K in February that fit my schedule, so I'm doing 2 in March. The first one is this Sunday, the Hot Chocolate Run.  This particular 5K starts...STARTS at 6:45AM. Who in their right mind is up and ready to jog at that time of the morning? All I can say is they'd not only better have hot chocolate at the end of the run, but they'd better have some vodka to put in it.

There...that's all there is.

0 comments: