Tuesday, February 12, 2013

February Sunday Dinner

Occasionally a Sunday dinner comes together with no issues and turns out to be fantastically fun. This last Sunday dinner was just that.

Mostly the same usual suspects. Conversations ranged from sleeping naked in bed (don't ask) to bad neighborhoods to live in to family dynamics and back to sleeping naked in bed.  Again, don't ask.

The conversation this time seemed to flow so smoothing and effortlessly. Everyone adding their two cents in, and a few adding in a like a whole dollar worth (who name rhymes with WigRow).

The food was outstanding - if I do say so myself. I decided Sunday dinners were about comfort food a lot of the times. The combination of attendees often dictates what I'll make for dinner. This time around I decided comfort food was going to be the name of the game. So I made Shepherd's Pie. And what a hit it was. Queen PopUp brought spinach dip for an appetizer. Um, yum. S&C brought salad. Or more appropriately they brought items to make a salad and C then made the most kick ass salad of all time. It rivals Blueberry's kick ass salad.

Sorry for the yellow tint. I didn't have too much to drink that I should have forgotten to check my white balance. But there ya go. I had a few other things on my mind. Which I'll get into in a later blog.

So you can see, there was plenty of food for the 9 of us.  I figured a 9X17 pan of Shepherd's Pie would be plenty.  I mean I am a Wraspir and Wrapir's are known for notoriously cooking large sums of food.


Apparently my Wraspir heritage didn't plan on the salad being kick ass, and the Shepherd's Pie being unbelievably good. And it was delicious. It's definitely a recipe I'll do again. I'll be adding it to the cooking blog some day soon.

But the star of the show, in my humble opinion were the Nutella Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches.


What started as just a plan to use up a jar of Nutella and make cookies, turned into a thought just before I fell asleep one night about putting ice cream between two Nutella cookies. And the ice cream sandwiches were born. They...were....fantastic. While the cookies were not low-cal, the ice cream was. So I figured it countered the calories of the cookies and therefore the entire dessert was calorie free. And yes, the sky is pink in my world.


I just wanted to add one more gratuitous shot of the Nutella cookies.

Drool....

So as I mentioned, the February 2013 Sunday dinner will go down in the history books as one of my favorites. 

Seattle SIL, P-Dot, C, S (behind the kerchief), me, BigBro, Pantry Goat, Mr. Queen PopUp, Queen PopUp and Blueberry.




0 comments: