Friday, February 08, 2013

Blogger has a mind of its own

I was bored last night and so made some updates to some OLD blogs. For some reason, Blogger then posted them as new blogs instead of old blogs.  I've since deleted them altogether...so ignore the new blogs you may or may not have seen yesterday. They weren't "new".

Occasionally I do like to go back and read what was going on in my life at a certain point. Its not all interesting, but its my story all the same.

I've been having an ongoing conversation with a friend about life and how people approach it.  We all have those friends, like me, who try to be very planful about my life and my direction. Spontaneity isn't something I do well.

Then you have the friends who just flop through life with no real direction or plan. 

And of course, you've got all the friends who are in between.

The discussion I've been having is about which is "right".  Should you be planful? Should you be spontaneous? Should you just let life happen?

Just typing those words "just happen" sends shivers down my spine.

Look, the way I see it is this...this is my one chance.  I have to have control over it so that what I want out of life I get.  All the planning, the thinking, the doing, that's what life is all about isn't it?

At the end of my life, I'd like to look back and not have any regrets.  Well, serious regrets - I think we all have some minor regrets. 

I get there's a lot to say for being spontaneous. I'd love to have a bit more of that and a bit less control freak.  It's a struggle... let...me... tell... you. It is one thing I've been actively working on. Sadly, there aren't a lot of opportunities in my life to be spontaneous.

So what am I trying to say here:

First, it's your life. Live it! Which ever type of person you are - you have to own it.

Second - maybe try a little enlightenment and try to push out of your comfort zone into Opposite World and try to be a little like what you're not. I.e. spontaneous when you're not.

Third - You only get one chance. As Nike said, Just do it!

0 comments: