Sunday, May 19, 2013

Immediate Unconditional Love

When last we spoke I was letting fate control which cat(s) I end up with.  Most of you already know I am now the parent of two small kittens.

 
Meet Linus (on the left) and Lucy (on the right). These two have managed to wiggle their ways into my heart pretty darn quickly. I mean, what's not to love? Look at those innocent faces.  Siblings and trouble makers, that's what they are.

Linus is an easy going chap. He likes to stalk his sister and usually goes along with whatever she's doing. Lucy is the one full of piss and vinegar.  She is in everything and Linus isn't far behind her.

It's been a long, LONG time since I've been around kittens. And never have I had two.  Let's just say it has been entertaining and educational.

What I've learned from these two so far:
1. Unconditional love can be immediate.
2. Everything is a toy. Everything.
3. If it moves, pounce on it.
4. Cat naps really do invigorate you.
5. Follow the leader, cuz the leader has the food.

I've also learned that two kittens fit behind my pull out freezer drawer.  And getting two kittens out from behind said drawer almost took an act of congress.

Linus loves the back of this chair. So much action going on outside.

Lucy loves the other chair because of the comfy blanket put just there for her....Oh so she thinks.
I've only taken about 300 photos of these two so far. Of them only about a dozen are actually in focus and/or not blurry from the quick movement of these two. Kittens are fast.

These two stay in my room during the day and the closet at night.  They seem to have settled in quite well. I let them run around the house while I'm home but don't dare leave them free to roam while I'm not here.  I mean, God knows what they'll get into.  And had I not found Lucy tangled in my wine bottles in my wine rack, maybe I would. 

I still miss Pookie, but these two are certainly doing all they can to honor the old guy. The next several years should be interesting, and certainly not uneventful.

0 comments: