Friday, May 03, 2013

Waiting for the end to come...Wishing I had strength to stand...this is not what I had planned, it's out of my control...

Its been a sad couple of days in the Wraspir household.  My sweet Bubba - Kitty, aka Pookie, is dying.  He's been a bit under the weather for a couple of weeks now and this last week it has finally hit home. Its time for me to let him go.

Oddly enough on my way into work this morning I wanted some happy music.  I had a long night on the closet floor with Pookie (he's been in the closet for a couple of days now. There's a small cubby like place he's been curling up in. I spent some time with him last night there...the look on his face was really more like, "Lady, I'm trying to sleep. Get out."

Anyhow, the music. So I turned on the radio and flipped past some songs that just weren't happy enough or "rocky" enough.  "Waiting for the End" from LinkinPark came on. Who knew that song could be sad?

There was a Pookie sighting last night, briefly. He came down. Hopped on my lap and looked at me. I think if you look at his face it's saying he's ready.  His eyes were really dilated last night and there was something in his mannerisms that just told me that he's ready to move on to the great field of mice and what not in the sky.

The vet is scheduled to come tomorrow noon ish. I touched base with her yesterday (she checked in with me) and told her how he had been acting and she confirmed that tomorrow will be his last day.

Its very sad to me and I've cried a lot.  Last night I came to grips with this decision.  I will never be OK with this but it's the right thing to do.



He's been a great cat and has lived a very spoiled life.  I would like to come back in my next life as my own cat.  Or a cat owned by my family. 

Him at 17.

Him at barely born.

 
He'll be missed.

1 comments:

Lesley said...

Oh Jenn, I am so very sorry. Pookie sounds like a very special cat, and he's had a good life with you. Sending you many hugs and much love all the way from NJ. Clementine and Luna send kitty headbutts and love, too.