Monday, May 06, 2013

Cinco de Mayo - Ole!

Life in the Wraspir household has been interesting. I miss the black beast.  I hadn't realized just how much I loved having something here to meet me at the door, or meet me in the bathroom, or come downstairs to tell me all about his day.  It's quiet in here. Too quiet.

However, last night, quiet was not what this house was. It was full of 3Day peeps helping me celebrate May Sunday Dinner.

For three years in a row now I've used May as the 3Day theme Sunday Dinner. This year we had Sunday dinner virgins. Yes, that's right, there are still people in the greater Seattle area who have not experienced a Sunday dinner at Chez Jenn's. 

We laughed like no body's business. These zany ladies (and one gent) are hilarious and I loved every minute with them.

My theme was Mexican since it was, after all, Cinco de Mayo. I made Mom's enchiladas and tacos.  Yum.  I made too many, of course, so there are plenty of leftovers for the Pantry Goat.



One of the 3day virgins, Chicago Babe, made a dessert that was out...of...this...world... It was just a cake. A bundt cake, but just a cake. Inside the middle of the cake was this wonderful mixture of whipped cream and cherries - and tainted green. The idea was it would look like a bowl of guacamole. Thankfully it tasted better than guacamole.

 
We took a different approach to the photo this time. I had been thinking about it for some time, and finally I figured this group of nutballs would be perfect for it. Hats.
 
yay Hats.
 
God knows I have plenty thanks to the 3day.  Everyone hopped onto the idea immediately. We even got Zoey the Wonder Dog to wear a hat.
 
Oh Zoey. Such a good dog.

Mr. and Mrs HotLanta, Chicago Babe, Blueberry, Me, Zoey the Wonder Dog, and Mrs. I live in  Elma.
 

0 comments: