Monday, June 02, 2014

Hello June

I just flipped the calendar at work and took a moment to realize we're...in...June!!! What the hell happened to the first half of this year? I swear to you when I went to bed last night it was January.

So I know you're dying to know what I did over the weekend, so I'm going to put your mind at rest. I'm nice that way.

Friday  night I totally pissed off Blueberry by cancelling coming to her house for a jewelry party at the last minute.  The MomUnit was in town and she had scheduled dinner with some family friends I hadn't seen in a very long time.  I should have definitely told Blueberry sooner than an hour before I had to be there.  To top it off, she somehow thought the MomUnit and friend ML was going to come up with me so she had a buttload of food.  She was pissed, and rightfully so. She got over it though since I saw her yesterday and apologized, groveled, etc.  I need to figure out a way to make it up to her.

Dinner with the friends though was fantastic. We met at Anthony's in Kirkland and had a window table with a spectacular view of Lake Washington.  Everyone and their brother was on the Kirkland waterfront Friday night though. Which shouldn't surprise me.  And the family friends, both, seem to be doing fine. It was a great evening of getting caught up, eating good food, and just generally enjoying the night.

Saturday was a lazyish day for me. After we had lunch at RR - they screwed up my burger again.  I mean how hard is it when you ask for no lettuce and tomato on your burger to NOT put lettuce and tomato on it? Anyhow, after lunch we stopped at a couple of stores then headed home. I wanted to spend some time in the scrapbook room since I'm taking these two scrapbooking classes right now and was behind.  The MomUnit and ML went to visit my aunt and take the mutts to the dog park.

Later Saturday night I met a friend at Lake Forest Park Grill. We ate...we got caught up...we laughed...we drank...we ate some more.  It was good to see J again. She and I don't get a chance to see each more than a couple of times a year. So when we do get together, we have a LOT to catch up on.

Sunday was an interesting day. I was exhausted last night and all I did was eat, drive, and pee.  We met Seattle SIL, The Niece, Bob (the niece's wife), Blueberry and a few other 3Day friends at Jalisco's Mexican restaurant after the Race for the  Cure. I didn't participate in it this year. For some reason I just couldn't get interested and just didn't want to.  So we ate Mexican food and got full.  We headed home and rested for about 30 seconds before we were off again to go out to the Braspir's for dinner.  Delicious lasagna and good friends...what's not to love.  But I swear to you, I could barely keep my eyes open. Eating is apparently very tiring.

Then after being so tired, I slept like crap last night. Looking forward to a nap of some sort this afternoon.

The MomUnit and ML are headed out today. The cats will get their house back. Lucy hasn't been very happy about the Mutts being there. She stalks them and then looks like she's going to play nice, only to attack them. The little demon!

0 comments: