Sunday, June 22, 2014

Let the Games Begin

I think it goes without saying that eating healthy and exercising is not a strong suit of mine. It's odd really since being a Capricorn I'm supposed to be very self-disciplined. Hah! I can be with certain things (like finishing all the ice cream) and yet something as necessary as keeping myself healthy, I cannot.

I've started feeling icky again and realized I've gained back a good amount of the weight I had lost the year dad died (2012).  From July of 2012 through to Feb 2013 I stayed the course. I didn't gain, I didn't lose, I just maintained. 

I was wogging then. Three times a week.

Then my wogging partner broke her foot.

I won't blame her, but it seems to me SHE's the reason I regained weight. (Did I also mention that Capricorns like to blame people?)

Seriously, she's not the reason. I am the reason. She stopped being my guiding force and so I stopped.

I commented to someone the other day that I wish I was the type of person who, when stressed, leaned toward working out. Instead, I lean toward food.

And so back to starting to feel icky.  I know it's time to get on the work out train again. I've been telling myself for a month or more and I keep finding excuses.  I'm the queen of that, and something I'm quite good at.

This weekend I made a plan. I really think planning is key for me to keep myself on track for eating healthy.  I made myself a menu plan, I did my grocery shopping, and I've prepped everything for the week.  Getting my meals together shouldn't be hard at all now. I have a plan.

And we all know how much I love to plan.

The plan for exercising is a bit more complicated. It requires me actually being motivated to go right after work. I get off work early enough to get to the gym, so there's no reason I shouldn't be going. 

In order to make it  more likely I'll go to the gym, I've packed my gym bag and have it ready to go to work with me.  I've found that coming home and thinking I'll go back out isn't likely to happen. I'm home. I'm tired. I'm not going back out.

So, who knows what's going to happen now. I'm not making any promises. I don't really care if I lose any weight. I do care that I start exercising and eating better.  My life is important to me and to ensure that I live longer these things have to happen.

Stay tuned. I know we've been down this road before. Trust me, I'm rolling my eyes as much as you are. It's the story of my life.

0 comments: