Saturday, January 31, 2015

WAHHH BAMMM January is done

My friend BeagleBabe does these monthly updates that I think are rather entertaining and interesting.  And since, like her, life has somehow gotten crazy busy and hasn't allowed me to blog as much as I'd like. Well, being busy and nothing overly interesting happening.

Instead, I'm doing this little ditty...

Listening

Really my listening happens mostly in the car to and from work. I've decided I'm bored with my music. So at work I've started listening to Pandora and trying out some new stations. Nothing has wow'd me yet and I'm hoping it will soon.

If we're talking what am I literally listening to right now. Well that would be Linus meowing at the front door over something. 

Reading

I just finished the January book club book, How to Build A Girl by Caitlin Moran.  I plan on writing a little book report about it. It was not so great at the beginning, but it turned out to be a fantastic book. Once that was done I immediately picked up White Bird in a Blizzard by Laura Kasischke. I'm 55 pages in and am not 100% sure what this book is about.

Eating

Not nearly as healthy as I'd like. I had done well planning for a couple of weeks, then this week not so much. I still managed to bring my lunch 3 out of the 5 days. The other two days work provided the food. Thursday was our ThanksUnlimited meeting (I won again). Then Friday we had a Tail Gate pot luck.  So much food there and so much fun. I just love that most the people in this office are foody types.

Working On

I've gotta say, work is taking over the majority of my time right now. I love it. I love everything about it. I even love the mistakes I've made. They taught me a lot about what not to do.

But besides work on I'm working on working out. I still love my gym KokoFit but am finding it hard to fit it in. Life after work appears to be on a scheduling frenzy too right now. And so I'm contemplating how to either go at lunch time, or go in the morning (which I hate).  As the weather gets better I do plan on starting up the Couch to 5K again. I don't really care if I ever run a 5K at this point, rather I just love how they have the program set up. The less I have to think about how to work out correctly, the better.

Loving

These little demons. I stumbled on to them at Safeway and made the mistake of buying two bags. Now I'm addicted and can't find them at QFC. Which means I drive all the way to Safeway to find them and then I have to keep them in the kitchen so I have to get up and get more each time.

Contemplating

Really lately has been about contemplating weight loss and health. I've had a lot of weird thoughts bubble to the surface that I need to deal with. Trying to figure out how to deal with these little issues is the challenge. I have to first determine what it means and THEN determine if I want to deal with it. It's exhausting.

I'm also contemplating the potential Seahawks win of the Superbowl tomorrow.  Go Hawks!

0 comments: