Friday, June 02, 2017

Two More Sleeps...

Its hard to believe that the long planned Ireland trip is upon me. It seems like just yesterday SIL, Mom and I were discussing where we wanted to go next. I knew, in my heart, that mom would never be able to afford this trip, but it was fun dreaming with her all the same.

I think I'm ready. All my work items are buttoned up - I hope. The travel research is done. The photography list is done (see below), the house is cleaned and the pet sitter ready. Now all I have to do is pack.

As big trips grow closer for me I feel a since of smallness. It sounds weird, I know. But I think about how large the world is and all the places yet to see. And I realize that my little spot on this planet is little indeed. Just a blip on the map.

I love to think about the adventures we'll have when we travel. Almost 100% of the time things never turn out like I imagined they would. Most often, they're better. I'm trying to learn to let go and just experience the experience instead of analyze whether I'm "living" and "experiencing" the right way.

The Scavenger Hunt List is long this time.

First on my list is a photo of "malware" our work mascot (?) I think he's our mascot. At any rate, we've had this little guy travel all over the world and have tweeted photos of him saying, "Malware found in Brussels." or "Malware spotted in Vegas".

Then the list gets fun:
  1. Peace
  2. Old chains 
  3. fences 
  4. Doors 
  5. Crosses!!)
  6. Celtic Knot
  7. Whiskey
  8. Old books
  9. Guinness
  10. Kissing the Blarney Stone (
  11. Rolling Hills
  12. Lakes 
  13. Markets 
  14. Sheep with a Shepherd 
  15. A person in a kilt 
  16. A redhead
  17. The eiffel Tower (I sometimes hate my friends)
  18. Sheep 
  19. Rory Mcillroy playing golf
  20. A pint of Bud Lite
  21. Rainbow 
  22. Leprechaun 
  23. Four Leaf Clover 
  24. Animals 
  25. Belleek porcelain 
  26. Castle Walls , Castles
  27. Rusted Iron 
  28. A horse 
  29. Lace 
  30. A Body of water
  31. An old gentleman asleep at the pub 
  32. Guinness tipping into two faces
  33. Irish Whiskey tasting
  34. Sheep being sheared by a shepherd

So yah. Stay tuned and "watch this space". I'll be posting as frequently (daily has been the request) as I can. 

0 comments: