Saturday, October 29, 2022

Nashville - Day 3 - The Wedding

 Today's the day! The Big day! I'm so excited for the Niece and new Niece. I'm sure they're excited too. 

But before we drive to the venue we had a leisurely morning then out to Uncle Bud's for lunch! Blueberry didn't have any options for lunch here but a baked potato! I'm not sure why I find that so amusing, but I do. The food here was amazing. 


We sat down and was immediately given a bowl of beans, hush puppies, cole slaw and sweet tea! Those beans! Lord, I cannot even explain how delicious they were. Beans are often too salty for me, but these were seasoned perfectly. I thought of dad and his love of this type of food. I sure wish he could be there with us. 

The hush puppies were the bomb as well. I like hush puppies, but they aren't always moist or flavorful enough for me. These were amazing! They actually had corn in them and were seasoned perfectly. 




When were full and happy we got back to the hotel in time to change our clothes and then head out to the venue. We were told to get there early so that we could take the shuttle up to the venue. We met the fam in the lobby and we were off. Man we clean up nice.


The venue was a place called Annie Acres and man was it beautiful. The farm house style venue was perfect. I loved it immediately. It felt so much like The Nieces that I was glad they found it. 



The wedding went off without a hitch. They were both so happy and so beautiful. The vows were so them and so lovely. I'll admit I teared up a bit. 



The reception was no slouch either. They had BBQ for the food, music, a photo booth set up, specialty drinks, sweet tea and more music. Oh and some cup cakes! 

The reception hall




A nice set up of photos of the loved ones not with us. 

The photo booth we took full advantage of. The brothers and I got it started, then it was our family taking over the booth for a bit. 





The funniest part of the evening to me was when the latin music started up. See The New Niece's family is Puerto Rican. And boy or boy do they party. At one point her entire family was on the dance floor cutting up the rug. Meanwhile the Germans were all sitting watching. It was pretty amusing. 

The entire wedding was beautiful and so memorable. I'm so very happy for the two of them and can't wait to see how their lives turn out. 


0 comments: