Monday, October 31, 2022

Nashville - Day 5

 Happy Halloween! Today we're doing the hop on hop off trolley around Nashville. But it's way more fun this time. Why? Because my friend Tracy from my Quartz Hill High School days lives in Nashville now and is joining us!

Tracy was on the rifle team with me at QHHS. She was my right hand rifler. She was good. Solid. And had all the leadership skills I needed to help captain the team. She was clever with her new rifle stunts and we both pushed each other to be better. I moved to Washington and then TASIS and we kinda lost touch a little. It was harder to keep in touch before social media. 

The last time I saw Tracy was in 1992 (or 3) at her wedding. I was her Maid of Honor and then that was it. We lost track of each other. I always wondered what happened to her. Turns out her life has turned out just fine. She's doing quite well with a little company of her own focusing on quilting and embroidery


The Hop on Hop off trolley was entertaining. We got to see a lot of Nashville, some huge parks and Music Row. 


Nashville has a ton of murals



The capital building


I'm sure they said, but I don't remember why they
have a Parthenon replica.

After all that fun on the bus, we went to a Triple D restaurant for dinner. Finally. We hadn't hit but one restaurant on our list so far. Sad. We really do pretty well with food, but this trip, not so much. 

The Grilled Cheeserie was on point. I had their Quesabirria grilled cheese and Oh...My... God! There's a reason they're a Triple D.
 

I should also mention that after the hop on hop off and lunch, we had to find the angel wings in The Gulch. Sherrie had heard about them and it was on her list. Luckily they weren't too far from where we ate lunch. 

Tracy and I - both angels

Crabs are angels too.
While we were taking this photo Tracy said something to the girls in line behind us about "have you ever worn crab hats in Nashville?" Then suddenly they wanted to wear our hats. So we let them. 

0 comments: