Sunday, October 30, 2022

Nashville - Day 4

 Ahh Sunday. It was a day to rest. And rest we did. 

Though we decided to head out and try the Loveless Cafe which is about 30 minutes out of Nashville. We loaded up and headed out. 

We drove through some beautiful countryside. Nashville area really is quite pretty. The leaves were all changing too which just added to how gorgeous it was. 

We got to the Loveless Cafe and saw hundreds of people mulling around. Well, maybe not hundreds, but a lot. I hopped out - yes the gimpy one - to see what the wait was. An hour and 45 minutes! There was no way, we were all starving and no one wanted to wait that long. But we did take advantage of these peep hole photo ops. 



We found another restaurant near by and decided it was good enough. Not great, but good enough. 

After a few wanted to go check out this mansion on the Vanderbuilt campus, but I had had enough of seeing things and just wanted to head back to the hotel to rest. So I hopped a ride with the Nieces and then promptly took a nap and just hung out by myself for a bit. It was glorious. 

One of my nieces was headed back to Seattle and we had to drop off the car, so after we did that we decided a simple dinner would be best. Enter Cracker Barrel. OMG. What is it about this place. The food is just ok, not really great, and yet I'm drawn to it. Mom used to love to take me to Cracker Barrel. Maybe that's why I feel like I gotta go there. 

At any rate, dinner was good and filling. We were carb-loaded up and ready for another day in Nashville. Tomorrow we'd be doing the hop on hop off bus! And spoiler alert - a good friend from my Quartz Hill days would be joining us. Yay.

0 comments: