Monday, March 20, 2023

London or Bust

Here we are. The night before I fly off to the city of London! The last three weeks flew by faster then, well, fast. I've kept myself busy doing almost nothing important. I kept all social engagements to a minimum...hahaha I almost got that out without laughing. There haven't been that may social engagements, and that's perfect. 

I'm all packed. Truth be told, I was packed Saturday. This is a quick 5 day trip to a place that is familiar so packing wasn't difficult. I still followed my "packing checklist" though. I mean, that checklist has saved my hide more than once. I update it and add/remove to it after every trip. The last trip to Switzerland, I added constipation pills considering how constipated we both got after eating cheese for days on end in Switzerland. Today, ironically, I added "stop pooping" pills since that's the new fun side effect from Metformin. Regardless of which poo pill I need, the point is, I have them on the check list and I should be fully covered. 

I have my plan for the days in London mostly figured out. I'm actually planning very little. I want to mostly "wing" it. Yes, you read that right. I want to try to not be so planned and just go with the flow. I'd really like to see the Tower of London and am focusing on doing that on Saturday possibly. I need to be careful with doing too much to hurt my foot again, but I really don't think I can skip a trip to the Tower. I've seen it before, but have never done the tour and really want to. I left it for Saturday because well, Wednesday is when I get in and I figured I'd be exhausted. Thursday is the premier. While it's at night, I wasn't sure if I could do the tower AND the premier and not hurt my foot. Friday is the hop on hop off with my pal Alison who lives outside London. Which leave Saturday. 

The other reason I've left it rather free is photography. I've been taking the iPhone Photography course and it has me all excited about photography again. And well, I figured walking around Picadilly Circus (which is where my hotel is) that should offer up some great options to practice my new, improved skills. 

Bottom line is I'm excited for this trip. Now I just have to get past the 9 hour plane ride. Ugh. That's the worst part. The flight there and then the flight home. 

When next we meet I'll be in London and will share with you what I decided to do. Stay tuned. 

0 comments: