Saturday, March 25, 2023

London - On my Own Saturday

Ah Saturday. My last day in London. What to do? What to do? 

I kid. I already knew I'd be getting on the hop on and getting off at the Tower of London. The bus ticket I purchased came with a boat tour as well and it leaves from the Tower of London. 

Highlights of the bus tour. 

The Elizabeth Tower that houses Big Ben.
People call it "Big Ben" but he bell in the tower is Big Ben, not the tower.

Parliament

London Eye

London Eye across the Thames

Did I mention it was breezy?

The Tower Bridge

Tower Bridge

Tower of London

Tower of London

This is Hank. I stood by him for 30 minutes waiting for the bus.
He and I got to know each other very well.

St. Paul's

The Shard. Tallest building in London.

One of the newspapers on Fleet Street.

As planned I hopped off at the Tower of London. Me and the HORDS of people that is. I couldn't believe how many people were there. The wait to get in was 4 hours. So, no, I didn't see the Tower of London. 

I did hop on the boat tour up the river Thames. It was windy but it didn't rain. The boat went one way to Westminster Abby which was the other place I wanted to see. That line was over 2 hours. So I didn't do that either. 


I stayed on the top of the bus for as long as I could but it got cold. For the last 30 minutes of the tour I went downstairs. I was chilled to the bone. But when I hopped off by my hotel, I went into Cafe Nero to get myself a hot chocolate and headed back to the hotel to relax. Tomorrow was going to be a long day heading home and I really was ready to head home. 

0 comments: