Tuesday, March 14, 2023

March Sunday Dinner

March Sunday dinner's theme is "Burger Bar".  The idea being I'll provide the burgers and buns, and everyone else brings what they like to put on their burgers. Have I mentioned I love these themes?

And since we're having burgers, I'm making Mom's Macaroni Salad. I went to put it in my recipe blog and realized I had already put it in there, but sans photos. And then I forgot to take a photo of it when it was done. Some day I'll get a phot of it, but not today. 

Tonight's guests are Graeme/Rose, Kathy/Rowland, Claudia, Janet, Sherrie and I. Small groups are best these days. These are some fun, fun peeps. We laughed all night long. 

The food:
So the theme for this month's dinner was "Burger Bar." I wasn't completely sure what we were going to do with regards to appetizer and desserts being something around burger bar. So we did what we do best, we ignored it. 

I bought some high quality burgers and grilled those bad boys up. American cheese topped each one. I had cheese options, but everyone wanted American. And why not? It's the best. 

Burger toppings were en point too. All the condiments (mayo, mustard, ketchup, and BBQ sauce), a gallon of grilled onions, bacon, crispy onions, lettuce/tomato, and pickles. I mean, come on? That makes one righteous burger. 

Our side dishes were, of course Mom's mac salad and Kathy's Calico beans. 

Photo from Noshing
 in the Nolands

Appetizer was from Graeme and Rose which were these little risotto balls of goodness. Risotto with cheese, basil and then covered in panko and deep fried, called Arancini. These things were amaze-balls.  Those two really raise the bar for appetizers. 



Then there was dessert. Janet raised the bar there too. She made this wonderfully, delicious lemon pound cake and then decorated it all up with berries. So gorgeous and, let me tell you, so delicious. 

The best story of the night was Lucy being in love with Graeme. Graeme is allergic to cats and for some reason Lucy just wanted to be on his lap. She was determined. At one point, she just sat down not taking no for an answer. Poor Graeme. We had to have Claudia go get some allergy stuff from her car to save him. I think I'm going to have to buy some to have on hand just for Graeme. I can't control Lucy. It's easier to just feed him pills. 


This was a funny photo. The two nutballs in the background thought we were doing the "funny" photo. Fooled them. I love their spirit though and I love all these people. Every one of them brings something special to my life and I can't imagine what life would be without them. 

Next month our theme is Thai. Not even sure what that will be like. I'd be willing to bet most these folks have never made Thai food before. 

0 comments: