Sunday, December 25, 2005

Mele Kalekmaka

Aloha! Hello from the Island of Oahu. Wow...is it beautiful here. Oddly it doesn't feel like Christmas. My typical Christmas is rain and cold weather...snow if we're lucky. This year I have sunshine and 80 degree weather. Its beautiful here.

I had a small run in here that I haven't had in a long time. I was out witted by a shower. Many showers in Europe and Saudi outwitted me, but I got smarter. Apparently that smart-ness is gone. Willy and Nora have a shower that I just couldn't figure out. I pushed, pulled, unplugged, plugged in, all but took the shower apart and I still couldn't figure it out. At last, I came out and asked. Mom had already had her battle with the beast, so she knew what needed to be done. I could get the water on, but couldn't get the shower on. Mom pointed to the bottom of the water facet where you have to pull the bottom washer and it turns on the shower. Der. I never would have found it.

We are staying with long time family friends the Dionisio's in their BEAUTIFUL house on a hill that over looks Honolulu. We know Willy and Nora from our days in Saudi. The Dionisio's are Filipinos and thus have a HUGE family. Last night the entire family was here. Aunts, uncles, family friends, and kids everywhere. We certainly didn't lack of food either. My god, I thought the Wraspir's cooked for small armies...but the Wraspir's don't hold a candle to these people. We ate so much food...it was truly a blessing. BURP!

Today we are heading to one of the family members house for an outdoor feast again. Yum..I love Filipino food...Love it.

Yesterday, mom and I took off to see Diamond Head and to stop at our favorite burger place here in Honolulu...Teddy's Bigger Burgers. They moved this year from a small... very small restaurant to the beach of Wakiki....

Monday we head south to the Big Island. Can't wait.

So Merry Christmas everyone. I'll try to drop a line again.

0 comments: