Monday, December 12, 2005

Updates to my life.

I love peanut butter. In case you didn't know that about me.

Aside from that, life in the JennW household has been anything but boring. I've been on 5 interviews this month already. My ration of interview to hire is very low. In fact, non existent. = ) But I'm sure that some job is out there just waiting for me.

Friday I interviewed for a position at Microsoft that would be a fun job. It would certainly challenge me in so many ways. I went back and forth this weekend as to whether I would take the job if it was offered. It doesn't have as much project management in it as I would prefer. But the team and the job itself would be a good time.

The interview this morning was for a company called ScreenLife. They manufacture the DVD games called SceneIt! http://www.screenlifegames.com/sceneit.aspx The job is my PERFECT job. Its exactly what I'm looking for to advance my career. The job has been opened for several months as the team is looking for "just the right person". I sincerely hope I'm just the right person.

Hawaii is coming. Just 11 days away and I'll be on my way to the Big Island. Stopping every so briefly in Phoenix AZ to change planes...yah wish me luck, I have a 45 minute turn time in Phoenix. If I make it my luggage won't. The exciting thing about the Hawaii trip this year is the volcano is erupting more than normal. They just had a 44 arce piece of land fall off into the ocean displaying more lava than normal.

This weekend was a pretty boring on. I spent most Saturday morning re-organizing my recipes. If you really know me you'll know I have over 600 recipes I've collected that aren't in cookbooks. Tired of not understanding my organizational method that currently existed, I decided to just alphabetize them. In fact, just to give you a glimpse into my freakish life, I have a bowl of small pieces of paper that have a recipe on it. Each week I pull a recipe from the bowl and that's what I try that week. So far its yielded some GREAT recipes...and has definitely yielded duds that I'll never fix again. This week was Rachel Ray's Spanish Rice and Beef. Good, but I like my dad's better.

1 comments:

Ken La Salle said...

Call me crazy but the idea of MORE volcanic activity and HUGE PIECES OF THE ISLAND DROPPING OFF... I don't know... just doesn't sound cool...

ENJOY!! ;)