Friday, December 02, 2005

Day after the ARTIC BLAST

So first and foremost, the news people in this area should all get academy awards for drama. Man...they called our inch to 2 inches of snow we got last night (and mostly in the higher elevations) the Artic Blast. Which reminded me of one of our News personalities several years ago who was up on the main pass between Western WA and Eastern WA. It was starting to snow lightly, and it was quite beautiful. His commentary was something like this...and I'm not joking, Mike can verify he was watching the news with me..."It looks peaceful enough now, but in hours these cute little snow flakes will become FLAKES OF DEATH".

Yes, we got snow. Yes, its beautiful...but my god, do people check their intelligence at the door when it comes to driving. It should be stated that Seattle drivers (no offense to the California folk here ) but most people up here are transplants from CA and apparently don't know how to drive in the rain, sun or god forbid snow.

I get to go see my future husband tonight. The Dudley Manlove Holiday show is tonight. Can't wait to see the boys of summer do holiday.

0 comments: