Sunday, November 01, 2009

Glitter on the Mattress

If you see a faded sign on on the side of the road....

The boys of DMQ were the B52's last night. Classic. Absolutely classic.

I'm not a huge B52 fan, but at least knew 2 of the 3 songs they sang last night. Rock Lobster and Love Shack. Hearing Rock Lobster rocketed me back to my sophomore year in high school and attending the USA Camp with BFF Laurakens. They had a little party for the teams and I remember hearing this song for the first time. Oh the memories.

Ahem...


Right, so the boys did a damn good B52 impression. The lead singer sounded shockingly close to the guy in the B52s. Oddly though they didn't sing all 10 of the Top 10 Worst songs. I was a bit bummed, because some of them were way bad. A few on the list they didn't sing: Party All the Time, Sussudio, You Light Up My Life, a couple more I can't recall. But of the 4 they did sing...wow, were they bad...in a good way. Oh, you want to know what they were?

The #1 of the Top 10 is one of my all time favorite 80's songs...and I admit, it's a bad song. It's the Final Countdown. Other songs they sang: We Built This City by Jefferson Starship, I was Made For Loving You by KISS, and Sister Christian.

In attendance last night were three, count them, THREE Dudley Virgins: Seattle SIL, Mrs. Braspir, and the PMGoddess. Of the "old" gang partying all the time were Blueberry, myself (of course), PhotoGirl and The Yank. The place was packed and some pretty darn interesting costumes. Of my crowd we all wore this Pippy Longstocking Witch hats, but The Yank and PhotoGirl out did themselves. One was Major D. Pression and the other was General Anxiety and they were both dressed in army fatiques.

0 comments: