Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Total naps today: zero...something's wrong here

Let it be known by all that today, November 10, be the day I almost blacked out by the number of emails in my two work accounts. I didn't even know Outlook could hold that many emails and not implode. I did manage to get through about 10% of them, the easy ones. And thankfully I had Law & Order: SVU on all day to help me through. Then I had Ellen and her show help me through, then Oprah, then the news...and then I realized there's really nothing on daytime TV.

Shot update:
I know you care. But I've now given myself 5 shots. Five! 10 days ago I never would have imagined giving myself one. It may not seem like too big of a deal to some, and you may be thinking, 'Enough already.' If you are, too bad - my blog my rules (ala Patron Saint). I have a mere 15 more to go, but who's counting. Last nights shot hurt like hell though. I hesitated and stuck the needle in slowly. THAT won't happen again.

Healing Update:
Who knew that healing took so much energy. It saps you. I never really had a reason to think about what the body goes through after surgery, but now that I've had time to think about it, I guess it makes sense. I mean it was used to being a certain way and having a few extra parts, then this big claw came in and rearranged and took a few parts. It's only answer is to take it's own sweet time healing. I'm in the danger zone now though. I feel good, and the pain is minimal, and I think I can do things that I know I shouldn't. I find myself hourly "assuming" I'm well enough - then stop and ask myself if I really should be doing that. Mom would be proud.

Stera-strips Update:
Good god those things stick. Which is their job, but man, do they have to take it so seriously. My finger nail caught one in an attempt to itch the incision (itching apparently means they're healing - who knew?) and tore it a bit...I thought I was going to cry like a baby. I did check though and all my skin still appears to be in tact. The curious Girl in me though wants them to come off so I can actually see the incisions, though admittedly I'm not sure I wouldn't pass out.

1 comments:

Al & Jo said...

LEAVE THE STERA-STRIPS ALONE!!!! MOM SAYS.