Sunday, November 15, 2009

Never look backwards or you'll fall down the stairs.

Not too long ago, I "accidentally" dropped the cat down some stairs. It wasn't intentional - I swear. It. Was. An. Accident. I've explained it to him. I baby-ed him after. I would never do something like that intentional.

The cat, on the other hand, has exacted his revenge today. I knew he had been plotting, but never really thought he'd follow through. And yet, today he followed through with his dastardly plan.

Let me back up a bit.

Yesterday I shot a wedding for the first time. Friends of the family had asked my BigBro to shoot their wedding, and he asked me to be his "second". The promise was made way back in like August and I never thought then I'd be recovering from a surgery. Still, I managed to get dressed and off to the wedding (which, by the way was located at the edge of the world - Enumclaw). I spent as long as I felt I could there and headed home early.

By the time I got home, I was exhausted. I needed rest. So I slept for almost 12 hours, but the afore mentioned cat decided I had had enough sleep (me thinks he may sleep outside tonight).

I had been up for about 2 hours and decided to head upstairs to clean out my belly button. (Side note: not of lint. But rather the incision there is an open wound and requires some maintenance so it doesn't get infected. ) On my way downstairs, the big black beast of burden was "following" me. He loves, LOVES LOVES to run in front of you and stop. No warning, no nothing. Just a dead stop. Normally I have my wits about me and catch his evil plot to trip me and step to the side. Being exhausted and not fully engaged yet, I didn't notice he hadn't moved on to the next step to stop and wait. Instead, I stepped on him. Between his whaling and me trying not to break anything on him, I slipped and took a tumble down about 4 steps.

Hitting the platform my first thought was, "Bring it on. Is that all you got?" Followed by, "Dear God the pain." The cat, meanwhile, was at the bottom of the stairs with a coy almost evil smile on his face rubbing his little paws together in triumph.

I managed to get to my feet and thought it best to head back up stairs to survey the damage. Sore-er now than before, but everything looks okay. The belly button is quite sore and is "leaking" more than normal. I may call the doctor tomorrow. I'm such a pansy.

In other good news, only 11 more shots! Woot Woot!

Oh and my Check Engine light went on in the Stang. Bring it! I can take more. Despite the cats best effort to put me down, I'm not...what else ya got? I'm thinking the world is out to get me right now...must be karma.

1 comments:

HikerGirl said...

Good golly, the intelligent little beast surely did plan a little revenge. If only he knew what you've been going through these past few weeks, he could have waited a while longer before carrying his plan out. Glad you both are okay.