Monday, May 10, 2010

Take me out to the ball game...

Yesterday was Mother's day. Mom's around the globe were told how much they were cherished and loved. I found myself thinking about my relationship with my mom and found I smiled a lot when thinking about it. I'm lucky. I get to have a solid, fun-loving, adult relationship with my mom. Oh don't be stupid, she can still lay the guilt trip on like any body's business, but by and large, she and I are friends above all else. Best friends really. I'd say she's lucky to have me as a daughter, but well, this is about her right? Anyway, Happy Mother's Day Mom! You're the best!

And Boyz II Men said it best:


You taught me everything
And everything you've given me
I always keep it inside
You're the driving force in my life,
There isn't anything
Or anyone I can be
And it just wouldn't feel right
If I didn't have you by my side
You were there for me to love and care for me
When skies were grey
Whenever I was down
You were always there to comfort me
And no one else can be what you have been to me

 
 Oh and one more thing mom...click here.

Tee hee! Inside joke there.

ahem...right, on to other news....

We went to the Mariner's game yesterday - believe it or not, but it was a sunny day in Seattle. The Mariner's actually won - which hasn't been something they've done a lot of this year. Bigbro, Seattle SIL and I had a blast. The 3Day organized these tickets (free - which is a good price for me) and so we got to sit around all our 3Day buddies. It was pink bat day at the game, so most the M's players were swinging pink bats...

News on the job front...

Its hard to believe that I've been unemployed for almost 2 weeks (2 weeks tomorrow) that time sure did go by quickly.

Looking for a job has been interesting to me. There seems to be a ton of project/program management jobs out there, but so many are soooo specific with what they want. Many go as far as to say, "If you don't have these skills, do not apply." Which of course, I tend to not apply. Only a few of them have I applied thinking,"Well maybe they'll see something else in me that outweighs that other."

Its a numbers and waiting game at this point. I find new jobs every day, but now find I have to be extra careful about applying for the same job twice within the same agency. There are several staffing agency's here around the big Software Giant in our area and all of them get new jobs daily, sometimes the same job will hit on all of them. I have no issues with applying for the same job in three or four different agencies. I just don't want to apply for the same job on the same agency's site. It's definitely a test in my organizational skills. Thankfully Microsoft Office has a job search log template! Who knew?

I've gotten a few nibbles, but nothing that has panned out. In almost all the cases, the job wasn't for me. I'm not being particular by I am being particular. If you know what I mean?

2 comments:

Al & Jo said...

Thank you for your kind words. And I loved the song...reminded me of a very long trip from Ca to WA with a very sad teenage girl!

Unknown said...

That's a great pic of you and your mom. The right job will come along soon, I'm sure. In the meantime, enjoy the amazing weather!