Tuesday, May 04, 2010

I might be barely breathing, but I'm not dead.

That's the spirit! I've got spirit yes I do! I've got spirit, how 'bout you?

ahem.

Day 7. I can't believe I've been unemployed for 7 days. I'd say 7 long days, but the truth is they've flown by.

I won’t admit defeat yet. I can’t. I’m still new to this unemployment thing. And frankly, it’s been enlightening.

I’ve applied for several jobs, many staffing companies, and jobs of all shades and color. Some I'm over qualified for and some I can barely spell. I have found the job search to be like putting together a puzzle. There are several pieces out there and soon one of them will fit into place. One will be the job to add to my resume.

I’ve had several people review my resume and kinda feel more confused now than before. Each having their own slant on it, and what employers are looking for. I’ll find my own stride with it. I’m sure somewhere in all the great feedback is my resume. It needs to be refreshed and overhauled. No time like the present to do it.

I’ve tried to keep myself on a schedule, thinking the more I keep myself in the job environment the easier it will be to get back into the job market. Although, I’ve found I stay up way later and get up way later. The cat is none too happy about me delaying his meals on both side of the clock. Somehow I think he’ll survive.

0 comments: