Sunday, July 18, 2010

Create

I'm a scrapbooker! As you know. And many of you have seen the Great Scrapbooking room and know that I could open my own store with all the supplies I have.

I crop to find me, to hear my heart beat at that moment, to listen to that voice deep within, to recognize how alive I was during that time...I crop to know me.

I have 26 scrapbooks. Which may not seem like a lot to some of you. But let me put this into perspective for you.
Each scrapbook is about 75 12X12 pages.
Each scrapbook is a 3 ring binder, bursting mostly at the seams.

I've scrapbooked my entire life. Child photos, elementary, high school, all vacations (with the exception of San Francisco from 2006 - I'm blocked on that one for some reason). I'm - for the most part - caught up. I have several from 2010 yet to get done, but the inspiration, much like SF, hasn't hit me. Soon. Very soon.

I could tell you how much each page costs approximately, but I don't wanna see that number. I suspect I could have paid for a nice house, or my retirement by now.

Still, I find myself always ready to scrapbook. Part of it is because I have a creative mind. But the other, more important part, is because of the aforementioned store in my room. I can scrapbook any time because I "generally" have all the supplies.

And then a request comes my way. I've been asked to produce two scrapbooks for an auction called Beyond Pink. My initial thought was "ABSOLUTELY!" How easy to do scrapbook pages without any photos! They've asked for a small 8X8 book that has a day for each month of the year. And a 12X12 book Pink in theme (Breast cancer and all).

I got right on the 12X12 one. I sat at my desk ready to go. Nothing. No inspiration. Nothing. Apparently doing a scrapbook page without pictures is harder than I thought. Pictures inspire me. Without them, I've got nothing.

So I opted to start the yearly calendar scrapbook. Which meant shopping! I know, right? How would I need to shop with all the stuff in my room (some day I'll take a photo of said room so you can see just how bad it is)? And yet, turns out I never scrap Valentines day - go figure. I never do March and apparently I never do spring either.




I have 7 months left to go but here is what I've got done so far. I'm quite proud of these pages. Each one has been taking me about an hour to come up with and then put together the idea. Phew! I sure hope these catch a lot of $$ at the auction! I mean, who wouldn't want a Jenn Original!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

these are gorgeous!!