Thursday, July 08, 2010

Me mind on fire -- Me soul on fire -- Feeling hot hot hot

Refined and Dignified Buster Poindexter...sorry I had to do it. Me thinks Buster may not be into the "girls" so much. And I wonder where Buster is now?

Ahem.

Yes it's hot in Seattle kids. And when it's hot in Seattle all other news items stop. Nothing else happens except the heat. People melt. Trees melt. My arms are sticking to the desk as I type this...sweat is the new cologne of the day. Thankfully, I have little to complain about. I work (yes at a job - can you believe it?) in an air conditioned building. And home, thanks to the landlords, I have air. All is good and cool at Chez Jenn's. Well, except on the third floor. It's kinda what I think hell will feel like on a "cool" day.

So the job. Yes I have a job. No I really don't know what all it's about yet. I know I'm doing project management. I know they've used two words that has me cowering in a corner "gap analysis" - ack...I shudder in fear. And I know it all has something to do with an big ass Operation Center for Online Services (you know Hotmail, Windows Live Messenger, and the Yahoo stuff). What all of that means, I still couldn't tell you. But just give me time. I'll be in the know just as soon as I figure out how to use the ubber special unified communication networking phone ...

Time out for a water guzzle.

I've been drinking from a fire hose since day one...and am just realizing that if I just a jump to the left I would not be drinking from said hose. With a jump to the left and a step to the right...you're singing it aren't you?

It's the heat I tell ya. It puts all these crazy songs in my head...well, okay crazier than normal!

0 comments: