Wednesday, April 27, 2011

One Year Ago Today

How life changes? A year ago today I was let go...okay let's say it... gulp...fired...from my job.  I wasn't miserable. I wasn't sad. I wasn't afraid of what was ahead of me. Instead I was relieved.  It was because I lacked all those other emotions that I knew it was the cosmic shove I needed to move on.

While I'll never agree with their reasoning or their logic, I actually am glad they did move me out of there.  I'm in such a better place now. I work in a team that I adore, right down to the fierce chinchilla.  This team values me and what I bring to the table.  I feel welcomed and smart and with it almost every day.

Still I look back and wonder how different life would have been for me if I had stayed.  Would I have ever gotten the courage to move on? Would I have ever made more $$? (Unlikely) I certainly wouldn't have learned as much about myself as I have in the last year.  So I guess indirectly I should thank the Vampires for releasing me from their grip.

And now I'm facing 100 days off to fulfill the contract obligations for Hotel Californiasoft.  And as I get closer to those days off I find I'm excited about them.  I'm not worried financially...I've planned for it after all...though I will have to pull out and dust off my frugal hat...if I even have one.  I've started making a list of all the things I want to do in those 100 days.  The FC (Fierce Chinchilla) gave me some GREAT advice today and recommended I take full advantage of this StayCation. "How often in our adult lives do we get summer off?" she asked.  And she's right.

Here are a few things I plan on doing. If you have any suggestions, please share them with me.

1. Organize and categorize photos
2. Re-organize scrapbook paper
3. Scrapbook...get caught up
4. Photography. Photography. Photography.
5. Take a couple of day trips and see the Seattle area (assuming gas prices will allow for this).
6. Paint the downstairs bathroom.
7. Clean out the garage (its mostly clean)
8. Go through clothes and give to goodwill
9. Take photos of household items for renters insurance purposes
10. Organize and work on all my new recipes
11. Read and study some marketing books.
12. Read

and the list goes on...

I did just spend last weekend in Tucson and I plan on sharing with you my adventures and photos.  Maybe tomorrow I'll get around to it. In the meantime you can enjoy this photo of Count Beau of Hershey and his obsession.

1 comments:

Al & Jo said...

One more to add to your list..
VISIT PARENTS IN TUCSON AGAIN and STAY a bit longer.