Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I am beautiful in every single way, words can't bring me down

I'm unemployed!

I feel empty and a bit confused. How'd this happen? How'd I get here?

I'm unemployed!

No matter how many times I say it I can't begin to believe it. Day 2 of The Great Unemployment Adventure (GUA) is now over. Day 3 - only a few short hours away. Then Day 4, 5, 6, etc. How long will this last? How long will I have to be brave and face the changing landscape of my life.


Ain't that the truth. Sing it Christina.

And so my path has been chosen. I've made a good start at being unemployed. By day 2 I've filed for unemployment, applied for more than a dozen jobs, called Volt, called KForce, went to the library and checked out books on interviewing techniques (to brush up), and have made a list of things to do in my "off" time during the GUA.

I'll be scared and worried another day. Today I'm choosing to be optimistic. It's a new era. Time for a new view on life. Time to put away the old insecurities that this unemployment has brought into light and move into a world where I am great.

Words (and unemployment) cannot bring me down!
Side bar: Do you think its fate or coincidence that my iTunes went from Beautiful to Bring on the Rain?

1 comments:

Nicki said...

'Cause tomorrow's another day, and I'm thirsty anyway, so bring on the rain'. Awesome song for you. That leads into some song I've been hearing lately, (sugar ray?) "If you want to see the rainbow, you gotta sit through a little rain."