Friday, May 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Sparky


Its hard to believe that it's been a year since I drove Sparky home.  I remember the day like it was yesterday.  I had purchased Sparky the week before and she had to be shipped up from Vegas.

That week of waiting was agonizing.  I imagined car accidents with the truck carrying Sparky flipping. I imagined her getting up here and not liking her. But I mean how could I not.  I had seen a photo and what's not to love.

The dealership had her all wiped down and sitting pretty in the show room. It was love at first site.  Immediately she was  named Sparky. 

I drove Sparky home with the top down.  The weather was questionable. A typical Seattle spring day, clouds high in the sky and sun showing through.  As I drove across the bridge to Redmond from Seattle, I knew this was the car for me.

That was 365 days and 8700 miles ago.  (Side note: My last mustang I drove only 3700 miles in a year. You think I like driving Sparky more?).

Happy Birthday Sparky. Here's to another several years!

0 comments: