Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mmemorial Day

Oh the long weekend. How I love thee?  As a contractor I only get 2 weeks of vacation a year - which isn't very much - and REALLY isn't very much when you have a 10 day cruise scheduled later in the year that will eat up those two weeks.  So the three day weekends makes me happy.

About a thousand years ago, our little group of friends who all played volleyball headed over to Wenatchee for a volleyball tournament. We camped. If you can believe it.  We drank. Shocking I know. And we played volleyball.  Blueberry and I ended up actually winning our division that year in women's doubles.  I did say it was a lifetime ago right.

Anyhow, the t-shirts we got for registering for the tournament misspelled Memorial Day to be Mmemorial Day. Every sense then, I say MehMemorial Day.

I had a relatively lax weekend.  I spent part of my weekend making really bad decisions about what I put into my mouth that will ultimately end up on the scale and the hips somewhere.  This eating healthy thing is hard work. And while I'm okay with my decisions, I still feel frustrated at how quickly I can, and will, make those rotten decisions. Ugh. Work in Progress. I know. I say it to myself all the time.

Though this time I didn't try to blame anyone else, like Blueberry, for a change. Even though she was the one who MADE me go to the movies yesterday and MADE me get a popcorn (with butter) and MADE me go to the new Buffalo Wing restaurant in the hood and MADE me order a cheeseburger...I didn't blame her once.  Snicker Snicker.

Seriously, while she was with me and while we had a good time at the movies, I am well aware of my decisions and what they cost me.  On the bright side, I did manage to get to the gym Sunday and Monday.  I can't remember if I went Saturday or not.

So this weekend...let's see what did happen.

Last week my kitchen sink faucet broke.  Its a good thing for a couple of reasons.  I hated the faucet that was on there (but be careful for what you wish for) and I didn't have to pay to replace it - well pay money. I paid for it by not having a sink to really use for a couple of days.

Mrs. Landlord and I went to pick out the faucet on Friday. Mr. Landlord would be along later to replace the faucet.  Mrs. Landlord let me pick, within reasonable cost, the faucet I wanted.  I really wanted one of those touch ones but opted to not fork over any of my money and just get a nice stainless steel one with a pull out sprayer. 

Mr. Landlord got there and proceeded to unhook the old faucet. Which sounds easy on the surface. And was easy for about 80% of it. Then we got stuck. And by "we" I mean him.  While Mrs. Landlord and I were "helping" him, we couldn't figure out why the old faucet would not come off the sink.  Mr. Landlord thought he had everything unhooked etc.  So we opted to head to Home Depot and ask the experts.  Armed with more information, we headed home.  Sure enough, there was a rusted c-clap and a very unwilling to move nut.  With the patience of a saint, Mr. Landlord was ultimately able to get the two off.  Then it was dinner time.

Saturday they came back over and Mr. Landlord installed my new faucet.  Blueberry and Princess Lori came over too. We ate tacos. We chatted. We laughed. We made vision boards - well Mrs. Landlord did and Blueberry cut out pieces of paper for hers.  It was a good time.  They all left and I went to do the dishes. No cold water.

I got under the sink and couldn't find the turn on valve for the cold water.  In fact, I could only see one valve and it was on. So I sent Mr. Landlord a note and asked.

Sunday my friends from the North and owners of my favorite two golden retrievers came down to visit. P&S have the two most lovely dogs every.  2yo goldens are full of piss and vinegar, but my word they are beautiful dogs.

This is Oggy. I think.  He's a trouble maker.  He finally settled down, but he was up and about and smelling everything. He knew there was a cat in house, but couldn't quite find him - thankfully, for Pookie's sake. 

This is Rowan. He and Oggy think they're lap dogs.  In fact, at one point of the night, Oggy was laying on the back of my couch. On. The. Back. Hilarious. Rowan's the more "mellow" of the two, but he still has some trouble making abilities in him.

Ahhh the whole family.  The other two non furry ones are my friends P and S. They love their dogs, and spoil them rotten. Which is how it should be.

Yesterday, Blueberry and I went to see Dark Shadows. Johnny Depp saved the movie. It was just ok and without Johnny Depp it would have sucked.

And now today I'm back at work. Trying to make a plan for this week and plan on making good, healthy decisions.  I have upped my work out routine to now be interval training on the elliptical.  My word that kicks my a**, but it's worth it. And when I'm done, I feel good.  That is, after all, what its all about.

0 comments: