Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I love it when a plan comes together

It's all coming together.

The 3Day is just weeks away.  And after discussing this fact with some 3Dayers this weekend I realized I needed to get my act together to get our costumes, including Sparky's, together.

I've had a vision of our costumes this year. I wanted to be superheros for the cause.  And so it all started with capes.

I asked ChickenLady to sew some capes for me and she did a fine job.  She even had models.

Once the capes were in hand I knew what else I wanted.  Or I thought I did anyhow. 

All superheros have masks right. So I had to go find masks. Check!

I also wanted us to have some head gear. I can't, in good conscience, participate in the 3Day as a Walker Stalker Extraordinaire without head bobbers. I decided to use the head bobbers I already have.

So mask, cape, head bobbers, what else?

Oh yes. Shoes.

Princess Lori showed me these fancy sequins shoes and fancy shoelaces she has for this year. I knew I had to have them.


Nice, no?

The shoes and shoe laces are on order, bu the capes, masks and head bobbers are all ready to be put together.

Oh, one last thing. T-shirts.  Thankfully BigBro has a connection and so we'll be getting matching T-shirts to wear under our capes. They'll be simple and just say "Pink Warrior" or "Pink Warriors" - I can't remember which.

Anyhow, at the end of the day, here's what the top half will look like. And yes, those are pig tails.


Sparky's outfit is slowly coming together too. I need to do a dry run this weekend to make sure what I'm planning will work.  I'll keep you posted.

Lastly, this past weekend was our team garage sale.  While sitting around BigBro and I decided to add up how much Team Wraspir has raised for the 3Day. Turns out in the last 6 years of our participation we've raised $80,000!  Go Team Wraspir.

In other none 3 Day related news, Sparky's Doppleganger was parked next to her this morning.

I have no idea why the doppleganger doesn't have their top down!  The only difference between the two Stangs is the doppleganger is a GT.  Sparky can only dream of being a GT.  Maybe some of the GT-ness will rub off while they're parked next to each other.

0 comments: