Friday, August 03, 2012

Are we there yet?

It’s been a couple of week’s since I’ve written anything about my change in lifestyle journey.  At last we spoke I was at the crossroads trying to decide if I should go with WW or stick with JC or just go at it on my own. 

I struggled with what the right answer was. I asked friends. I asked family. I got mixed responses which didn’t really help my indecisive self.  

Then something odd happened…nothing happened. 

It was like I just fell into a rhythm of my own without stressing or overly thinking about what was right. 

My fear of leaving JC was that I’d no longer feel the accountability of a weekly check-in.  Their food, while good, was getting boring to me and I felt myself wanting to eat something, anything different.

Going to WW added the accountability AND offered me the opportunity to cook – which I love.  The fear here was portion control. 

My two big issues were accountability and portions. Surely I could solve that somehow? Surely I had enough knowledge now to know what and how much of something I should eat? 

I did a test run. I started trying different low-cal / low-fat options.  I found some low-cal wraps that I liked.  I made a couple of those, then moved on to low-cal sandwiches. 

About 250 calories.
Suddenly I can see how this could be easy, and fun.  Making the right choices at the grocery store is the first step.  Reading the labels and making sure nothing comes home that is high calorie or high fat.  

Then I found this.



It just arrived in the mail yesterday and I can barely wait to get started with it.  I might have to use it this weekend, even though its my "Fat-urday".

The bottom line is this, I must trust myself. I must trust that I want this for myself.  And that if I can't do it without the accountability of a company or the portion control, then I've learned nothing.  Actually, NOW comes the learning part.  And maybe, just maybe, the trusting part.

Besides as for accountability, I have all of you.

0 comments: