Saturday, October 06, 2012

New York City Baby

First let me say, I might be a little drunk while typing this.  My nephew met us and took us out tonight in NYC and we may or may not have split 2 bottles of wine between him, his lovely girlfriend and I. BURP!

First yesterday. I jogged/walked my first 5 K. I did it! I ended up jogging about 20 minutes total which is an all new record high for me. Yah.  It was a beautiful day in Seattle and we had a blast.
 
I totally talked the volunteer staff into giving me this shirt too. It was supposed to be for just volunteers but I begged them, literally, to let me have me one to commiserate my first 5K. Even if I didn't jog the whole thing.
 
The work team.  A smattering of LCA folks. And Cathy on a stick.

My one boss CW is getting ready to be in Singapore for 3 months. So we made her CW on a stick. She took part in the 5k with P-Dot as Honorary walkers/runners.
 
 
In other very exciting news, I'm in NYC.  The vacation officially started today. The MomUnit and I arrived around the same time, so we hopped in a cab with a crazy Greek cabby and voila...Manhattan bound.
 
Once safely in our hotel, we hopped in another cab-ish town car thing who took us to this bar where we met my nephew and his lovely girlfriend Jamie.  I'm not sure if he likes this girl why he would think meeting all of us is a good thing, but whatever. We found her delightful and perfect for the oldest nephew.
 
 
After a few drinks there we walked a couple of blocks to have dinner at this restaurant, the Blue Ribbon Bakery.
 
Can I just say?
 
Oh.
 
My.
 
God.
 
I love New York and it's small little fancy pants, without being fancy restaurants? This little place, pricey, but delicious. P-Dot hopped out immediately to do the menu photo shoot then decided it was safer in the purse.
 
Eclectic little building in the West Village that has a bakery inside the restaurant. So your first whiff is of yummy bread cooking. They led us downstairs and parked us in a corner table, smart staff.  Appetizers of hummus, and then shrimp and chorizo. OMG...so good.
 
I had braised short ribs for dinner and about a bottle of wine. The nephew, his girlfriend and I polished off two bottles and that was AFTER drinks earlier.  My lips were numb. 
 
 
 
P-Dot looked on with sadness at the spilled wine..the little drip that was left in the bottom of the glass.
 
Tomorrow Miss Sacramento and I get the EXTREME pleasure of meeting the Patron Saint of the Smart Mouths.  We've kept up on her blog and know all about her life, but never have met her. Tomorrow the lovely Patron Saint will meet us here at the hotel and we'll tear up this area and have lunch. I can't wait!
 
Okay, I'd better turn off the computer and get some much needed rest. I think the wine has successfully seeped through my pores now. I should know better. Tomorrow may not be such a fun day.
 
PS - I cannot hold myself responsible for any misspelled words or grammar. The wine is typing tonight.
 
JDub over and out.

0 comments: