Monday, March 10, 2014

Journaling in the form of a blog

As you may be aware I've been reading this book about travel journaling. I've taken the information gleaned in this book and have pivoted it to be used towards blogging. After all my blog is my journal...mostly. There are some personal, very few, things that I just don't blog about. Not only are they not interesting, but I'm not prepared for the backlash some of those thoughts would have.

In this book, GlobeJotting, there are exercises to do in order to get better at journaling, and more importantly opening your  mind to more than just "first we did this, then we did that, then we at this, etc.  It's about picking all the details out and expressing them in a journal so in 15 years you can not only remember the experience but to live it through your writing.

I just came across an exercise that made me laugh out loud. 

Being that I'm unemployed this exercise is going to be all but impossible. Here's the exercise:

Write 3 to 4 things that happened today - do not exceed 4 - that you consider journal worthy. 

Um, 3-4 things that happened today to an unemployed person ... ? Right, I can't come up with 3-4 things interesting this month.

I can tell you about one interesting thing that happened last night...Sunday Dinner. 

God I love Sunday dinners.  It brings people I love together and allows us all to be ourselves and get caught up on the world, happenings in our lives, and the lives of others. We get to eat, drink and be merry without any effort. Last night as we sat around chatting I felt myself warm all over at the fact that I knew any person in that room had my back no matter what. 

The night started out with an Italian theme. I've been reading so much about Rome that it only felt right to have the Sunday dinner before the trip be all about Italy.  I made lasagna and we drank Italian wine. We had affogato (gelato with a shot of espresso over the top) for dessert.  What we didn't do is speak in Italian, and that's ok.


We did take our usual not so normal photo.  I didn't bother taking a "normal" one since I never used it for anything, seemed like a waste.  Mr. Braspir was the only man in the room and so his harem decided we should all stare at him in admiration. Even the kittens were taking part.

These are some of my most favorite people in the world. I'm so thankful that they are in my life. I'd be even more thankful if I had a job, but that has nothing to do with those people.

0 comments: