Monday, March 03, 2014

Weekend Review

Because I know you're dying to know what I did this weekend, I'll put you out of your misery and tell you.

Friday - I did a whole lot of nothing...

Saturday - I did a whole lot of nothing...

Sunday - I did a whole lot of....wait...no that's wrong. I'm getting my weekend confused with my week days (oh hahahaha I misspelled "week" as "weed" - now that would have a WHOLE other meaning.)

Right, so back to the weekend. Did you know in Saudi Arabia their "weekend" is Thursday and Friday? True story.

My weekend, however, started on Saturday morning. I got up at my normal time. I had my normal coffee and I took my normal but to West Seattle to have breakfast with the Pantry Goat. I specifically wanted to go to the Chelan CafĂ© in West Seattle because it's the one place I know has corn beef hash out of the can. I love that stuff. Its funny to me that I "search" for places that serve you stuff out of the can.  Homemade corn beef  hash on the menu? No thanks.

After breakfast, the Pantry Goat had "talked me into" ripping all her CDs onto her iTunes account so I headed to her house to get her computer and CDs.  She really didn't "talk me into it" cuz I'm bored and I needed something to do during the week.  Plus she said I could have any of the music I wanted.

Saturday night I took the Seattle SIL as a plus one to my friend Photogirl's birthday party.  She really knows how to throw a party too. The venue was this little place called The Stables and it had the coolest, vintage-y stuff all over the place. I could spend hours in there with my camera.  But alas, we weren't there to take photos, we were there to help PhotoGirl ring in her 50th birthday. And ring it in we did.

You may recall that The Yank, PhotoGirl and I went wine tasted some weeks ago to find wine for her to serve at her party.  SSIL and I made almost a beeline to the bar to get our wine on.  We did get stopped momentarily by the birthday girl and her husband to welcome us to the party and introduce us to some family members. 


You'll notice my glass is actually empty. I had two glasses by then and knew I had to drive home so I refrained from further drinking. SSIL stopped at 2 too, but she totally could have drank me. She deserves it. She's a great plus 1 to take with you, always willing to go and have fun.

Sunday I was up at my normal time, and set out to meet my friend Meg-A-Roonie in Ballard to go to lunch and then potentially go shoot some photos.  We landed ourselves at Skillet in Ballard and after feasting on really good comfort food, we both decided a nap was more likely in our future than photography. But we did have to top on our way home and visit the new Starbucks in Ballard that's made of shipping containers. I love that they're doing that.

If you're ever in Ballard, and are hungry, I highly recommend Skillet. OMG, sooo good. I had their chicken Sammy and if you can imagine it, it was two thighs deep fried in a fennel crust on a potato roll with pickled jalapeno aioli. Yah, feel that? Its your arteries hardening. But once in a while it's worth it.

Today I got some sad news that my good friend Mike's mother passed away. We lost Mike on Feb 10th last  year and to lose his mom just a year later just breaks my heart. My heart aches for his sister and his dad who are left to feel such a significant loss again. 

0 comments: