Friday, March 14, 2014

What I've Been Doing While You Weren't Watching

7 weeks! 7 Long, boring, weeks.  None of it was really that relaxing since stress was my roommate. But alas, I can relax again. I was unemployed for 7 weeks and now I am not.

That's right, I was offered a job this week and am thrilled and relieved to have a paying job before the pending vacation.  Phew.

I'm going to be on contract at Hotel CaliforniaSoft again.  Its a 3 month gig currently, and will most likely be renewed in June. See HotelCaliforniaSoft can't have a purchase order, or contract, that expands their fiscal year. Their fiscal year ends June 30th. So I've been told that they will renew. This girl isn't going to pretend they'll be renewing, no she'll be planning that they won't. I have learned my lesson a number of times...well maybe not "learned" it before, but I have this time.

I interviewed for this job on Monday and by Monday evening I had an offer. I wasn't sure if they'd hire me when I left the interview. The interviewers didn't really show their hand and I couldn't get a good read. So I strolled out of there assuming I'd be unemployed for another week. But alas, I am not. I'll fill you in on what I'm doing once I really understand what it is I'll be doing.

Also in the life of Jenn, I forgot to tell you about Sunday dinner - which was last Sunday. I've been, apparently, distracted - I've been finishing up working through the writing exercises in the book GlobeJotting.  I have filled up an entire notebook - well almost, there's like 2 pages left .  I have about 20 journals that I'll be converting to blogs at some point. The book is about travel journaling and I'm finding the exercises and information so useful as it relates to blogging that I'm going with it. There isn't any right or wrong here.

So...Sunday dinner, that's what I was talking about. There was a little incident during the day of Sunday dinner that had me off my point a little.  Something was said on FB from one of my would be Sunday dinner guests that made it sound like we were the most boring crowd of all time.  It had me miffed, honestly, and I wasn't really willing to confront this person at Sunday dinner. Not interested in ruining Sunday dinner because of short minded, condescending comment. I did what any Sunday dinner host would do...I opened a bottle of wine early.

This Sunday dinner was a themed Viva Italia.  Figured since next Sunday dinner I'd be in Italy, I might as well prepare by eating like an Italian before hand. I made Creamy Pest Lasagna and OH MY GOD it was good.  We finished the evening off with Affogato - which is essentially a scoop of gelato topped with a shot of espresso. Again...OMG...I need to have that in Italy (watch it will be one of those "Italian" foods that was made by an "American" and so doesn't exist in Italy).

We figured we'd all stare at Mr. Braspir since he was the only guy in the room. He's one of my favorite people and am glad he doesn't care at all if he's the only guy in the room. He's there to spend time with family and that's exactly what Sunday dinner is all about.

It's not about deep, dark conversations. It's about a light hearted, fun loving, relaxing evening to spend with people you love. And if some folks don't enjoy that and think we're not "deep" enough or have enough interesting conversations, that person can easily be removed from the invite list.

0 comments: