Friday, April 25, 2014

Home Sweet Home

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

It's always nice to go on vacation, and it's even nicer to come home.

We love our homes. Our beds. Our cats. Our toilets. Our food. Everything is familiar and because of that we are drawn to come home.

Though, admittedly in a couple of our stops if a rich, handsome Italian who wanted a voluptuous, well socialized, witty, charming American woman in her mid-40's - who can cook to stay in his expensive villa and be catered too all day had asked me to stay, I might have arranged to have the demons and Sparky shipped over.

This vacation was nothing short of a full on marathon. It was 15 days of nonstop action and adventure.  It went by soo fast - as I thought it might - and now I'm left wondering what the hell happened.

I need a week or so to at least process where we were, what we saw, what we ate, etc. It isn't so much processing the big stuff, right. We know where we went, what we saw etc. But it's about processing the small stuff. The smells, the sounds, the attitudes, the little things that make a city unique. THOSE are the things I want to spend some time thinking about and documenting. THOSE are the things that make the trip more of a reality. I know, at the end of the day, it was a trip of a lifetime and one I'll not soon forget - as long as I write out all that stuff or I will forget.

I took 2038 photos and have processed them down to about a thousand. From those I'll process them down a bit more.  Less than I expected, but I really feel good about the photos I got. I have a blog percolating about taking photos under what I now call "extreme travel conditions". There were so many things I hadn't anticipated and because of that I wasn't on my game as much as I had hoped.


So over the next couple of posts I'll be posting more photos and adding some running commentary on the history or what not. It's helpful to me to post those details with the photos, so you may get some repeat from previous blogs. But you'll deal with it just fine.


0 comments: