Monday, July 14, 2014

A Hot Sunday Dinner

I'm so thankful that my landlords decided many years ago to take part in a home owners association deal and get an AC.  Us Seattle types aren't used to this kind of heat. And I do realize "this" kind of heat is nothing to most of you. To us, it's awful.

It's too hot for Lucy too.
 
I have the AC on and will continue to have it on through the week I think. And everyone who came to Sunday dinner last night were REALLY thankful I had AC. In fact, book club is being moved to my house because of AC.

In an attempt to keep the house reasonably cool, I lowered the temp just a bit and then turned on some fans. Still it got hot in here for me.  Probably because I was running around doing dinner and entertaining. Or because I'm fat and it's hot.

Right, so for dinner I kept it simple and did BBQ burgers. The Pantry Goats fiancé (yes you read that correctly - she's engaged) helped with the burgers. In fact he said he was good at taking orders as he was, after all, marrying the Pantry Goat. That got a giggle out of me.


I also made this kick ass Layered Orange Salad. The oranges aren't at peak for their season, but it was still good. The sweet and salty part of this salad really is what made it.

I also had some cantaloupe to use and some prosciutto to use and some balsamic glaze I bought in Spain. What better way to use it than to wrap the cantaloupe in the prosciutto and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Soooo good.

We had most of the usual suspects here for Sunday dinner. Seattle SIL and Mrs. Landlord were the two missing.


0 comments: