Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Only time will tell...

This is completely not relevant to anything I'm going to blog about, but in 10th grade, at Quartz Hill High School the  marching band played "Only Time Will Tell" as one of our field show songs. To THIS day, I can still see part of the rifle routine in my head as the opening chords play.

I can't remember what I ate for breakfast, but I can remember that. Oh the mind...how I miss mine sometimes.

Right, so what's been going on since I last wrote a week ago. I think it's safe to say, absolutely nothing.  I actually had to pull out my daytimer (it's not really a daytimer, but its what I call it) to see what was what and here's what was what in the last 8 days.

Starting with the most recent:

Yesterday
Got the carpets cleaned. It's amazing how quickly one person and dirty up carpets. I hate that they are a light color and show everything, but I'd hate a dark color even more.  I pulled up the "path" carpet and boy can you tell the high traffic area. Gross. But they're all cleaned now.

Sunday
I did nothing but move furniture out of the living room and master bedroom in prep for the carpet cleaners. Oh, wait. I also unpacked all my scrapbook supplies and posted the pages I finished from the all day scrap. Oh and I cooked dinner - tacos. MMMM

Saturday
The annual all day scrap fund raiser that Seattle SIL does. I was very excited for it this year as I wanted to get my European Cruise photos done. And I mostly did. I had 20 pages "staged" and ready to go. I was sure I'd run out of stuff to work on, but alas, it turns out in 8 hours I can only do 20 pages. 

What a mess huh? It's fun to spread all your crap out as you work. I brought way too much stuff and didn't end up using at least three quarters of it.  Though all that "stuff" isn't mine. Some belongs to BeagleBabe too. 

Here are a couple of my most favorite pages.  If you're friends with me on FB you've likely seen these, so move along.

 
 
 

Friday
I did nothing but prep for what to bring to the all day scrap.

Thursday
Two scrapbooking classes from Big Picture Classes started.  I read the material and did nothing more. I have signed up for WAY too many classes that are happing at the same time.  You'd think I'd learn.

Wednesday
BOOK CLUB!  Gosh I love this group of women. We had a small group this month, only 4 of us. We opted to have it at my house since I had AC.  I'll be sending portions of the bill to book club members when I get it.

This month we read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I hadn't finished the book by the time book club came around, but had seen the movie. I thought the movie did a good job with the book. Sometimes you never know.  If you've not read it, read it. But we aware that it does take a good 30 pages to figure out the writing style and who the narrator is.

Oh, we drank wine. Dah. We ate pulled pork sandwiches with cole slaw on them...OMG soo good, and had strawberry shortcake for dessert. Did I mention we drank wine?


Tuesday
Toilet Shopping Tuesday!  Yes, Mrs. Landlord and I went toile shopping. The flapper in the master bath has been broken for going on 2 years now. In that time, I've fixed it once. Mr. Landlord fixed it once and the darn thing just won't fix.  So Mrs. Landlord and I got an estimate to fix the innards of the toilet. The price we were quoted was high enough that the decision was made to replace the toilets.  Thus the toile shopping.

I now know a bit more about toilets than I did last Tuesday morning.  No decision yet made on WHICH toilet but I do know I want the following:
1. it to work
2. white
3. round bowl versus elongated
4. it to work

The rest I don't care about. We're looking at dual flush and will likely weigh the pros/cons versus a regular toilet. They are quite efficient these days. So stay turned for Toiletmageddon 2014.

This just leaves last Monday.

I took the demons to the vet for their annual check-up.  Linus is weighing in at 10.9lbs. Vet said that was as fat as she wanted to see him get.  Hear that Linus! No more treats for you.

Lucy has a floating knee cap - it seems. Her right back leg gives out on her sometimes. The vet said it's like a trick knee.  We can do surgery, but she said, she is a cat and well, it's not really bothering her so let's just watch it. As she gets older, Lucy not the vet, she'll need some supplements to help with joints.  Well, the vet may too for all I know.

The ride there was interesting. Linus was singing the song of his people the....entire....way....
Meanwhile, Lucy was all, "ROAD TRIP".

Linus then sang the song of his people All.....the.....way.....home....
Meanwhile, Lucy was all, "Shut the hell up."

Too bad this photo doesn't have sound...

and voila...you're all caught up with my oh so exciting life.

0 comments: